Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Waflsk8s

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
I have an old iPhone 4 that I'm planning on selling and I wanted to reset the phone. I tried to do a restore (to 5.1.1) but just ended up semi bricking my phone; it's stuck in recovery. Is there a way I can restore it to 5.1.1 without going to iOS 6? I keep getting an error on restore (I've gotten error 1600, 1601, 1604, 11, just to name a few).

Thanks

Last edited:

Waflsk8s

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
how do I know if cydia has my shsh blobs or not? I remember seeing something like that on cydia but I don't know how to access cydia blobs (and it's not saved on my computers)

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
wither check cydia or or download tiny umbrella to check if you google check shsh blobs you will find all the info you need to know. ;) also you might find out what a seller wants most buyers don't care about the jailbreak the unlocked part is what brings the money ebay sell IEMI or factory unlocks for only a few bucks we have many threads about it here.

Waflsk8s

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
I checked my cydia shsh blobs and apparently it should work with 5.1.1, etc but it's not working... I tried stitching the blobs to the firmware before updating and still keep getting the error 1601

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
use TinyUmbrella, in the advanced tab make sure that Set host to Cydia is UNchecked.

Use pwned-DFU to restore your stitched IPSW

Waflsk8s

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
I've done that, set hosts isn't even selectable (it's greyed out) and I've tried checking and unchecking request SHSH from cydia. Phone is in pwned DFU mode (black screen, etc). I'm really confused because now I keep getting error 1600.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
try an earlier version of TU, it should work

also you can try running sn0wbreeze on a (virtual) windows machine, that has worked for some people.

Waflsk8s

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
OMG finally got it working thanks! I'm not sure what I did exactly that made it work but using snowbreeze, redsnow, tiny umbrella, etc mixing and matching settings something seemed to work however I figured out that my baseband updated (either this update or one of the previous ones) so I can't unlock it anymore. Oh well thanks for your help! I now have to see if I can get AT&T to unlock my phone or use ebay...

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
OMG finally got it working thanks! I'm not sure what I did exactly that made it work but using snowbreeze, redsnow, tiny umbrella, etc mixing and matching settings something seemed to work however I figured out that my baseband updated (either this update or one of the previous ones) so I can't unlock it anymore. Oh well thanks for your help! I now have to see if I can get AT&T to unlock my phone or use ebay...

hmm…always provide important info like you need to unlock, we might have prevented the BB upgrade….

Waflsk8s

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
It's fine; after it messed up the initial restore I was just trying to get it to a functional state without having to update all the way to 6.0. However I'm now thinking all I need to do is unlock it. I sent in a request through ATT but I may just go on ebay since it's like $10 and they get back to you within a day.

s3rialthriller

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
i'd also like to be able to restore without upgrading to ios 6. i can't seem to find an updated how to. would i need to stitch an IPSW file or something? Itd be appreciated if someone could link me or write a quick one up for restoring 5.1.1 without updating.
cheers

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
i'd also like to be able to restore without upgrading to ios 6. i can't seem to find an updated how to. would i need to stitch an IPSW file or something? Itd be appreciated if someone could link me or write a quick one up for restoring 5.1.1 without updating.
cheers

If it is an iPhone 3GS or iPhone4 and you have saved the 5.1.1 hashes, use the newest Redsn0w

Extras --> Even More --> Restore

s3rialthriller

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
If it is an iPhone 3GS or iPhone4 and you have saved the 5.1.1 hashes, use the newest Redsn0w

Extras --> Even More --> Restore
yeah its iphone4 and 5.1.1 hashes are saved.

have tried various methods but i get 3194 error when I have definitely put it into Pwned DFU mode beforehand. (have tried using redsn0w or ireb for putting into Pwned DFU mode)

- i have stitched a IPSW with my saved hashes and am using that to try to restore.

what am I missing?

EDIT:
well i had tried sn0wbreeze to make the IPSW instead of redsn0w ...and success!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.