Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hockey_Gym

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2017
Hi all,

I have a bit of a technical question here, which I'm not sure has been answered already (if so, please accept my apology in advance).

I currently have an iPhone 6s and am planning to upgrade in the next cycle of phones. Assuming that they come bundled with iOS 13, is there any way to restore the back-up from an older version of iOS? I'm worried that with the 6s support being discontinued for the next iOS, I may be required to upgrade to the latest OS on my current phone before I can restore the backup to my next iPhone.

Thanks in advance for your help.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Hi all,

I have a bit of a technical question here, which I'm not sure has been answered already (if so, please accept my apology in advance).

I currently have an iPhone 6s and am planning to upgrade in the next cycle of phones. Assuming that they come bundled with iOS 13, is there any way to restore the back-up from an older version of iOS? I'm worried that with the 6s support being discontinued for the next iOS, I may be required to upgrade to the latest OS on my current phone before I can restore the backup to my next iPhone.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Remember you can always restore OLD too NEW. Never NEW too OLD. As long as your backup was not created on a version newer than the iOS version on the phone you're restoring too, you're fine.

Hockey_Gym

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2017
Remember you can always restore OLD too NEW. Never NEW too OLD. As long as your backup was not created on a version newer than the iOS version on the phone you're restoring too, you're fine.

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.