Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chargr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
How long do restore times typically take?

Had to cancel one because it was already more than an hour "Preparing Iphone for restore".

Last edited:

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas
Is my phone dead?

I was installing JB and it got stuck on the apple boot logo so I restarted and now im trying Recovery mode, but it takes a long time..

IDK, I jailbroke my 5S 3 times and restored it those 3 times flawlessly , Couldn't be with out my DirecTV app :eek:

Did you try holding the Power Button + Sleep Button until you see the Connect to iTunes logo?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
You dont need to start two threads. It's unnecessary. Gotta be patient bro. This isn't an Apple tech support site.

Have you tried hard rebooting the phone? Have you tried putting the device in DFU mode?

Chargr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
IDK, I jailbroke my 5S 3 times and restored it those 3 times flawlessly , Couldn't be with out my DirecTV app :eek:

Did you try holding the Power Button + Sleep Button until you see the Connect to iTunes logo?

The sleep button is the home button correct? I don't see a "Connect Itunes logo" on my phone screen.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
The sleep button is the home button correct? I don't see a "Connect Itunes logo" on my phone screen.

You are sort of correct lol. He mistyped. The power button is also called the sleep button. He meant to say "hold the power/sleep button and home button".

If that doesn't work you can always DFU restore.

Chargr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
You are sort of correct lol. He mistyped. The power button is also called the sleep button. He meant to say "hold the power/sleep button and home button".

If that doesn't work you can always DFU restore.

Sorry about 2 threads, but yeah Its in DFU mode, and currently doing "Preparing Iphone for restore" I cancelled earlier and doing it again as of 25 mins ago.

but does it take that long?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Sorry about 2 threads, but yeah Its in DFU mode, and currently doing "Preparing Iphone for restore" I cancelled earlier and doing it again as of 25 mins ago.

but does it take that long?

Are you sure it's in DFU mode? You'll know its in DFU mode cause the screen will be all black and iTunes on your computer will recognize the device in recovery mode. Which is confusing because if you see the iTunes logo on the device that's also called recovery mode. Important thing is that the screen is all black in DFU mode.

lovewd

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2013
I actually just finished restoring my iPhone 4 and it did take a long time for me the first couple of times (I say that because it took me a few attempts to get my iPhone restored) So I'd say just be patient

Chargr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Are you sure it's in DFU mode? You'll know its in DFU mode cause the screen will be all black and iTunes on your computer will recognize the device in recovery mode. Which is confusing because if you see the iTunes logo on the device that's also called recovery mode. Important thing is that the screen is all black in DFU mode.
Right now my phone's screen is black and Itunes on the PC recognizes it.

As for showing the itunes logo on my phones screen? I haven't done that one.

----------

I actually just finished restoring my iPhone 4 and it did take a long time for me the first couple of times (I say that because it took me a few attempts to get my iPhone restored) So I'd say just be patient
Hope that's the same for me. Any estimates? My last one was like more than an hour and I canceled it.

phalanx7621

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2013
I'm in the exact same boat, I posted in another thread about this as well. I'll update if anything changes, but it looksl ike it may not be working correctly.

Chargr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I'm in the exact same boat, I posted in another thread about this as well. I'll update if anything changes, but it looksl ike it may not be working correctly.
Dont do DFU mode, make sure the itune logo appears on ur phone screen and then restore with Itunes, it should work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.