Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aerisdies

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2021
Kiel Hyre Academy
I just want to ask if will I be able to do downgrade/restore from iOS 15.x to 14.8 because I am expecting Apple Service Center to update my phone's OS from 14.8.

Phone: SE 2nd Gen @ 14.8

I will be sending my phone tomorrow for repair because of this lame bs thing.
I have checked ipsw.me but it seems that iOS 14.8 is not signed anymore. :/ (I answered myself, right?)

Edit:
I thought they will have two paths for updating iOS?
like... stay in 14.x and receive only security updates or upgrade to iOS15.
What the heck happened?

To hell with iOS 15! I've been seeing a lot of complaints from performance to software issues and I don't want to experience that on my petty iPhone SE 2nd Gen.
Coming from Android (Xperia XZ2) last year, I never had Android OS issues like those from iOS (battery drain, unresponsive/crashing apps, etc).

I'd to say, iOS devs are lame.

damn. I went to Apple again (6s years ago) just because of the camera (fast shutter, better rendering, etc vs my Xperia's not-so-premium camera) and compactness of SE 2nd Gen.

Last edited:

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
If your replacement phone is updated to iOS 15, there's no going back to iOS 14. Apple is not signing it anymore.

You can stay on iOS 14 as long as you want, but once the update is done there's no downgrading possible.

• Sad
Reactions: Aerisdies

Aerisdies

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2021
Kiel Hyre Academy
If your replacement phone is updated to iOS 15, there's no going back to iOS 14. Apple is not signing it anymore.

You can stay on iOS 14 as long as you want, but once the update is done there's no downgrading possible.
damn, no :(

Why the heck they even released the info regarding "you can stay on iOS14 if you want" bullsh*t?!

Off topic:
I have sent my phone for servicing.
For the first week, they will do diagnostic things.
then if there's a repair needed, it will take 6-8 weeks, (according to them) because they will ship it to Singapore + pandemic. (I reside in Philippines wherein there's no direct Apple Store/Service Center, just retailers.

I'm not sad. I'm irritated because of the lame reason for my SE 2nd Gen to be broken.
Goddamn wireless charging! :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.