Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Hello all, this might not be the best place, but Google searches have confused me.

I have a Motion Computing Windows tablet, that has a cracked and partially damaged screen.

It still powers up and boots into my user profile.

I want to either sell it for parts or donate it, but I would like to restore it to factory settings.

I might have found a place to do this on the tablet in the control panel. The problem is, because 1/4 of the screen is damaged, I cannot properly or completely navigate through the settings, because they stylus cannot input on the part of the broken screen.

I do not know what to do.

Should I try to reset it? or just sell or donate it as is?

I have removed any sensitive and most of my documents of mine from it, and uninstalled my programs, but my user profile is still on it.

edit, I managed to begin the recovery and restore process, but I could not get past selecting a keyword for input, there is not keyboard because it is a tablet. I tried to pick US from the dropdown with the stylus pen that came with the tablet, but it would not work.

So I just powered it down by pressing the power button.

All around the boarder of the screen there has been sticky stuff coming out, and I have been trying to remove it, but it is very hard to do.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.