Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uselesswithmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2013
Hi all

Need a bit of advice if anyone can help,

Have a ATV2 running 4.4.4. Its jailbroken already but is messed up so I want to restore and re-jailbreak it.

No matter what ive tried so far, it wont let me restore (or restore without upgrading the firmware)

I dont have itunes installed on the computer im doing this on as im scared of bricking it after spending all that money. dunno if this is what im doing wrong.

Would appreciate any help at all. (i have downloaded season pass but cannot get the device into DFU mode)

Please help, Thanks in advance

xentelworker

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2012
You will need iTunes to re-jailbreak the ATV2.
You can use TinyUmbrealla to dump out SHSH blobs to restore 4.4.4.
iOS 5.02 is still being signed if you want to upgrade to that and jailbreak it.

SnowBreeze creates a custom IPSW with NitoTV pre-installed so you can just install your apps (Such as XBMC) right from within the Apple TV. This can be used with either 4.4.4 or 5.02.

Hi all

Need a bit of advice if anyone can help,

Have a ATV2 running 4.4.4. Its jailbroken already but is messed up so I want to restore and re-jailbreak it.

No matter what ive tried so far, it wont let me restore (or restore without upgrading the firmware)

I dont have itunes installed on the computer im doing this on as im scared of bricking it after spending all that money. dunno if this is what im doing wrong.

Would appreciate any help at all. (i have downloaded season pass but cannot get the device into DFU mode)

Please help, Thanks in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.