Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 16, 2014
europe
I have restricted an app not to be able to access my Photos but the restriction doesnt work.

Settings - ’the app’ - ”app can use:”
Photos - never

Settings - Privacy - Photos - ’the app’ (never)

Uninstalled the app and installed back. The app has access to my Photos when settings is ”never” instead of allowing it ”to read and write”.

Another app, the same restrictions and trying to use the app, i get a message that the app isnt able to access Photos and i need to change settings.

I wonder if the Privacy setting is broken in ios 12.4?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have restricted an app not to be able to access my Photos but the restriction doesnt work.

Settings - ’the app’ - ”app can use:”
Photos - never

Settings - Privacy - Photos - ’the app’ (never)

Uninstalled the app and installed back. The app has access to my Photos when settings is ”never” instead of allowing it ”to read and write”.

Another app, the same restrictions and trying to use the app, i get a message that the app isnt able to access Photos and i need to change settings.

I wonder if the Privacy setting is broken in ios 12.4?
It sounds like this might have to do with how the app is accessing photos -- a similar discussion about this kind of thing happened at https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-permission-guess-other-apps-can-too.2176970/ that has some more details about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.