Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AK1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Can someone confirm if the GUI lag experienced on Retina Macbook Pros has been fixed or not?

I'm using RDM to disable HiDPI to get rid of the GUI lag which is a shame considering that I should be making use of the Retina display but the GUI lag is just driving me nuts!

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Can someone confirm if the GUI lag experienced on Retina Macbook Pros has been fixed or not?

I'm using RDM to disable HiDPI to get rid of the GUI lag which is a shame considering that I should be making use of the Retina display but the GUI lag is just driving me nuts!

I have no lag on my rMBP.

AK1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
I have no lag on my rMBP.

Did you ever have it before, or you have none after the update?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have noticed that way too many rMBP's have this GUI lag, the animations were way smoother on my old 2011 model, I thought it was just my machine, but most of the my friends who got rMBP's have the same GUI and animations lagging.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Did you ever have it before, or you have none after the update?

I have noticed that way too many rMBP's have this GUI lag, the animations were way smoother on my old 2011 model, I thought it was just my machine, but most of the my friends who got rMBP's have the same GUI and animations lagging.

I had some. Mainly it was using Mission Control and App Exposé.

motime

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2015
Yes, I just purchased a brand new retina macbook pro 13 inch last week, installed el capitan beta on a new clean partition and the UI lag still persists.

AK1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Yes, I just purchased a brand new retina macbook pro 13 inch last week, installed el capitan beta on a new clean partition and the UI lag still persists.

God damn it, why isn't Apple fixing this problem? Pretty much everyone I know who has a rMBP has this stupid bloody UI lag!!!

Beavix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2010
Romania
I have yet to see any lag on my Late 2013 rMBP (Iris Pro graphics) upgraded to 10.11. It runs very well.

legioxi

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
God damn it, why isn't Apple fixing this problem? Pretty much everyone I know who has a rMBP has this stupid bloody UI lag!!!
OS X 10.11 has fixed the UI lag for everyone I've spoken with, including myself. Unsure what the other poster is experiencing but I would take it with a grain of salt. Most others on the internet are also claiming little to no UI lag on retina laptops now.

AK1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
OS X 10.11 has fixed the UI lag for everyone I've spoken with, including myself. Unsure what the other poster is experiencing but I would take it with a grain of salt. Most others on the internet are also claiming little to no UI lag on retina laptops now.

For real? If this info is true, then god bless Apple for finally fixing this annoying defect! Goodbye RDM, hello HiDPI! Finally the Retina display will be usable now.

Demovx

macrumors member
May 12, 2015
Hello ! Please nformation from users Macbook Pro Retina late 2013. Slowdown still exist?
Please be recording a few seconds of video from re-starting the computer. The important thing is not to have a password because at the retina 2013 lags the dock during the run. Do you still occurs?

Acidsplat

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2011
I'm running El Capitan on my early 2013 15" rMBP.
It's super similar to the 2012 version (HD 4000, GT 650m, 256GB SSD)

It's dramatically cut down the lag, and I'm running it at 1920x1200 HiDPI which is a very pleasant surprise.
The only lag I've seen in my experience is the launchpad animation, but things are running smoothly on my end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.