Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavidBlack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Somewhere In Apple's HQ ;)
Yeah I am downloading now
Screen Shot 2015-06-08 at 3.55.19 PM.png

kwokaaron

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
London, UK
Looking forward to the review. Please do a performance comparison against Mavericks and Yosemite. If anyone with a retina MacBook Pro with HD 4000 could do one as well that would be greatly appreciated.

umzyi

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2011
UK
I have late 2013 rMBP with Iris Pro. I am seeing very smoothness in the animations. There are some glitches but I am sure they will get fixed over coming months.

SG-

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
I have a 2015 13" rMBP, I also have the scaling changed 1 notch over to give me a higher resolution. the graphics performance and rendering of things seem much faster over 10.10 and even having my Applications folder in Folder/List mode used to have a slow animation just scrolling through it all is now smooth.

Reactions: joeszef1 and umzyi

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Everything is definitely smooth as heck on El Cap.

I think the move to Metal to simplify everything is helping them greatly.

dagamer34

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Houston, TX
It's much much better. Mission Control is no longer a total cluster like it currently is in Yosemite. My go to test for lag is sticking the Application folder in the dock, and either opening in Grid view or scrolling in list view. Both were terrible on my mid-2012 15" rMBP but improved in El Capitan.

Cardsnk

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Looking forward to the review. Please do a performance comparison against Mavericks and Yosemite. If anyone with a retina MacBook Pro with HD 4000 could do one as well that would be greatly appreciated.

Also looking for this :)

jonobin

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2014
I have a 2015 13" rMBP, I also have the scaling changed 1 notch over to give me a higher resolution. the graphics performance and rendering of things seem much faster over 10.10 and even having my Applications folder in Folder/List mode used to have a slow animation just scrolling through it all is now smooth.
can you post a little video showing the fps? :)

[quartz debug]

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
Does anyone have a late 2013 rmbp 13"? Wondering if those freakin' UI lags are away now ...

I'm going to install today. My Yosemite UI lag is intermittent most of the time, but very consistent when driving multiple monitors. I always chalked that up to the integrated graphics. I'll report back later in the weekend to let you know.

Blue Sun

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
Australia
I'm going to install today. My Yosemite UI lag is intermittent most of the time, but very consistent when driving multiple monitors. I always chalked that up to the integrated graphics. I'll report back later in the weekend to let you know.
To me the intermittent lag felt like it was due to low power states of the CPU. I'm very curious to hear of your findings, hopefully 10.11 will be lag free.

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
In my first hour of running El Cap and it does feel very smooth. Haven't hooked up my external monitors yet but already noticed the fluid animations. Have to say though, not in love with the look of San Francisco font everywhere. I'm guessing I'll get used to it with time. Just looks a little childish in certain places. I do like it on the Watch and iPad so far.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
In my first hour of running El Cap and it does feel very smooth. Haven't hooked up my external monitors yet but already noticed the fluid animations. Have to say though, not in love with the look of San Francisco font everywhere. I'm guessing I'll get used to it with time. Just looks a little childish in certain places. I do like it on the Watch and iPad so far.

I get the feeling it's not the same font everywhere or they're not consistent with the weight/spacing. It is a mess at the moment. Hopefully, they'll improve this in the next beta.

cvda

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2015

do it, hook up your external monitors and try, please :) saw a video that mission control is now very smooth on the 15" one. But 13" is more interesting for me :D

HellBlaze

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2015
do it, hook up your external monitors and try, please :) saw a video that mission control is now very smooth on the 15" one. But 13" is more interesting for me :D

I hooked up my 13" mid-2014 base rMBP on two full HD monitors and it's buttery smooth... No worries mate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.