Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ash9414

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
United Kingdom
So a few days ago I was using my iPhone 6s when it randomly decides to shut down and try to reboot, except it doesn't get past the Apple logo (stays on it for 3-4 minutes, then the screen just goes off). I've been able to get it into Recovery Mode, and have attempted to use ReiBoot to kick it out of Recovery Mode and restart properly. However, this did not work.

I was stupid enough to take photos out of my iCloud backups because my Camera Roll was getting too large, and then haven't been manually backing them up as often as I should, so I have about 6 months worth of photos that are potentially going to be lost. Does anyone know any way of getting at these photos whilst the phone is still in Recovery Mode?

I have come across two apps by Tenorshare that are advertised as being able to repair the operating system, but they both cost around ~$50 and I don't know if they're guaranteed to work. Does anyone have any experiences with either ReiBoot Pro or UltData? What is the difference between them in terms of functionality?

Any other suggestions are also greatly welcomed. Thanks.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
There are no guarantees with these programs for data recovery. Hopefully someone else can let you know if they have used on and it worked.

I hate to say it but you likely lost your images.

Ash9414

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
United Kingdom
There are no guarantees with these programs for data recovery. Hopefully someone else can let you know if they have used on and it worked.

I hate to say it but you likely lost your images.

Yeah, I accept that's probably the case. But it might be worth the money if I know other people have had success with it.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Addyedw

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2017
London
Sorry for your loss, but same experience happened to me a month ago. I had used FORecovery to recover my data rather than Tenorshare and it has actually helped me a lot. For reference, these tools are allowed to download to take a free trial and you can preview the photos. Maybe you can take a try and see whether it is worth for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.