Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cindyjj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
I had to install a new internal HD in my Macbook Pro late 2011 a few months ago, and first backed up my old HD to an external HD using time machine back up. After installing my new HD, I did not do a full reinstall from time machine for a few reasons, and have simply been installing or retrieving files as I need them.

One thing that concerned me in the back up process was my itunes library. I wanted to be able to access it and see it exactly as I had seen it in itunes when it was in my computer HD.

I now need to find a voice memo file in the external HD. When in my old HD in my computer, it was in a couple of places in itunes - in both a voice memos file (created automatically when transferred from my iphone) and in a comprehensive list of all itunes music files, whether music or voice memo, in an alphabetical list. I'm trying to find it in the external HD now and can't find it. Let's say it is called "meeting 1". How can I find this file? I have tried a few things and seem to be only finding files that are in my current itunes library in my computer. I should have a huge list of itunes files as it once was in my computer. I'm not finding it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.