Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lamerica80

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2008
Have been using my 15 pro for a week and it's fine I guess. Came from a regular 14 so the pro motion is nice. It does get a little hot.

Today my wife's 15 plus arrived and I felt immediately drawn to it. The larger screen, how light and comfortable it is.

I am considering returning my 15 pro for a 15 plus. Anyone else made that switch? I feel I would like the larger screen and the phone feels large/grippy enough to go naked unlike the 15 pro.

The pro max is too heavy and expensive for me.

80s Fan

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
I have been wresting with a similar decision since release day last Friday. I am coming from a regular 11. I purchased a 15 Pro on release day and while I like many aspects of it, I don't love the battery. And I was on the fence about buying a 15 Pro, 15 Pro Max, or 15 Plus even before I got the 15 Pro. Since you can't find a 15 Pro Max, I am really thinking about the Plus.

On the plus side (no pun intended): larger screen, much better battery, costs less, smaller camera bump

On the minus side: camera not as good, no ProMotion screen, less ram, slower processor, no always on display, and no action button.

I don't know that I need the ProMotion screen -- I can see the difference but is it really that much greater? I've already turned off AOD to conserve battery. My action button is still set at camera - but you get that on the lock screen, anyway. But the loss of the better camera is what really gives me pause....

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I think I'd 'fancy' a 15 Plus over 15 Pro:
better battery, bigger screen, slicker design, tried and true aluminum sides, tried and true A16 Bionic, the frosted back feels nicer to me, a little cheaper (marginal since 15 Plus outright is $929 but hey money is money)

Reactions: Al Rukh

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
There’s a reason why Plus and Pro max are selling above expectations this year while Pro and regular 15 aren’t.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I ordered both the max and the plus, the plus is honestly really nice!May end up just keeping it since it's $300 cheaper. I was talking pics of fall trees outside today and you can hardly tell any difference... and the weight is so much nicer.
I got the bluenose (kind of white I guess)?

Reactions: shr631

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
Have been using my 15 pro for a week and it's fine I guess. Came from a regular 14 so the pro motion is nice. It does get a little hot.

Today my wife's 15 plus arrived and I felt immediately drawn to it. The larger screen, how light and comfortable it is.

I am considering returning my 15 pro for a 15 plus. Anyone else made that switch? I feel I would like the larger screen and the phone feels large/grippy enough to go naked unlike the 15 pro.

The pro max is too heavy and expensive for me.
15 Pro Max is not heavy 😊 if you are unsure, go to Apple Store or cellular carrier selling iPhones and check it out instead of assuming it. Verifying something by your own experience is better to make a decision.
Based on your post, 15 plus is within your budget and you like larger screen. Hence, it is easy to decide, get yourself 15 plus and enjoy it😊 Larger screen is awesome, at least per my perspective 😊

Reactions: Recon73 and kp98077

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Anyone switch to the plus, notice any camera issues? thats my big concern, otherwise the weight and feel are amazing.

Wig321

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2018
Anyone switch to the plus, notice any camera issues? thats my big concern, otherwise the weight and feel are amazing.
What's wrong with the camera? I've just changed from 15 pro to 15 plus, looking forward to trying it out over the next few days.

Reactions: kp98077

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
There’s a reason why Plus and Pro max are selling above expectations this year while Pro and regular 15 aren’t.
The 6.1 Pro is currently unavailable in most UK retailers (Apple, Amazon etc), with end of October waiting times, so that's selling very well too. The Pro models are always in high demand on launch. Anyway the 15 Plus looks very good and the battery is actually better than the 15 Pro Max as shown on Mr Who's the Boss battery test.

Cedo_

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2020

Not at all. I came from a 15 Pro and don’t really notice a difference. I never used macro mode, and the updated software that retains portrait data is amazing.

Reactions: Wig321 and kp98077

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Not at all. I came from a 15 Pro and don’t really notice a difference. I never used macro mode, and the updated software that retains portrait data is amazing.
Which updates software ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.