Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inducecurrent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
After holding it in person, it feels more like a $10 cheapo case from Amazon rather than Apple-quality, especially at its price point. Reviews seem to back this up as well. I don't normally get Apple cases but consider me very disappointed. Nomad leather case is on the way.

The guy at the Apple store said he thought it was great and that I should wait for the phone to arrive before judging 😂 like that will help

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
The guy at the Apple store said he thought it was great and that I should wait for the phone to arrive before judging 😂 like that will help

Seems like common sense to me. It sounds like you've been persuaded by YouTube videos, which is the very worst form of research anyone should take about anything. Couldn't you even wait a couple of days to see how it feels with a phone in it?

inducecurrent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
Seems like common sense to me. It sounds like you've been persuaded by YouTube videos, which is the very worst form of research anyone should take about anything. Couldn't you even wait a couple of days to see how it feels with a phone in it?
Possibly, but I've never had such strong doubts about a phone case initially, especially considering this was quite expensive for a case. I bet a ~$10 Amazon knockoff would be comparable in quality. The reviews confirmed my doubts by showing how cheapo the construction really is.

Frankenstein's Fat Foot

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2021
I don't need to wait for the phone - it's not about that. I have it in my hand. The material is really cheap feeling/looking. The sides also like 'pleather'. It looks like a bit of a joke really for £59.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Still like mine. 🙂

I think the lightness makes people think it feels cheap. Looking forward to trying it on the phone Friday and if I change my mind I'm still within the return period.

Unless I really fall in love with a case and just like my trainers (sneakers) I usually rotate them anyway so they barely wear/soil anyway apart from accidents.

Have this, a Sheath on the way (but will wait for the Action button replacement) and a Benks carbon fibre coming today. Like most here I'm regularly looking for more cases to try so I doubt these will be the last.

EOB

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2014
Los Angeles
returned mine too after receiving a defective one.

Attachments

• IMG_2179.jpg
    IMG_2179.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 261

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
This is what Tim Cook's policy has brought apple to - A company that scams its customers by selling them piece of crap cases masquerading as a "premium product". Slowly but surely Apple's image of a premium brand, with premium quality products, is fading away.

But i'm sure somebody in this thread is going to find some weird reason why Tim Cook is the best possible CEO for this company.

• Sad
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

austriak

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2011
I plan on returning the one I received in the mail. Anyone know if I can return it at the Apple store when picking up my iphone 15 pro tomorrow? I have a vague recollection that the Apple store pretty much does nothing other than give new iphones on launch day.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
This is what Tim Cook's policy has brought apple to - A company that scams its customers by selling them piece of crap cases masquerading as a "premium product". Slowly but surely Apple's image of a premium brand, with premium quality products, is fading away.

But i'm sure somebody in this thread is going to find some weird reason why Tim Cook is the best possible CEO for this company.
FW case is a garbage product that shouldn't exist.

That being said, he is absolutely doing his job as CEO if he manages to sell this POS and enough people don't return it. Profit margins on this toilet paper roll disguised as a phone case must be insane.

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
FW case is a garbage product that shouldn't exist.

That being said, he is absolutely doing his job as CEO if he manages to sell this POS and enough people don't return it. Profit margins on this toilet paper roll disguised as a phone case must be insane.
Sure, he's selling them, but at what cost? All this does is make buyers angry at apple for selling them this kind of crap.

Theozz

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2015
France
I talked with an Apple employee when we were waiting for my phone. He was awfully quiet when I asked if they were ready for the wave of returns 🙃

tomtad

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2015
I struggle to believe they’ll last the year selling these, they’re going to have Apple stores around the world with a wall of these looking like crap? The returns will be through the roof as well. I think we’ll see a change soon.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Ok, so I’ve had my iPhone 15 Pro in the FineWoven case for a few hours now. It’s not too bad. A bit slippery. Not worth $60. Maybe $39. But not awful. Doesn’t pick up lint like silicone. But I still worry about durability. Guess we’ll see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.