Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamerr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2008
i have a chick out of the black back on my iPhone....
pretty much i was told to "Suck it up or send it to apple, where it will probs be rejected by them"

so, suck it up...
lol.

iflipper

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2006
Leeds, UK
Personally I'd go in there and kick up a stink. Ask to see the manager. I'm not sure what the rules are in Oz but that's bad customer service in any case.

wolsow14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
yeah its really bad dont they havce to take it back by law? its rather annoying and seems to be getting bigger. what should i do? any suggestions would be gladly appreciated?

dlamin517

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
talk to the manager. DO NOT HAVE A TEMPER TANTRUM. just be calm, talk to the manager, and explain your situation. I have worked in retail and i know their position. There are guidelines as to what is to happen. Managers can only override stuff. IF you come in with a crack, they have to assume you did something. It is policy. Talk to a manager though.

zeasar

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
Norn Iron
You can trying going to another apple store and talk to them there, or better still ring the apple care and get them to exchange it for you, and ask to speak to higher ups or customer relations if they wont change it for you.

If all fails, you can return apple products within the first 14 days with a small restocking fee to pay.

Good luck.

wolsow14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
im from sydney, we only have 1 actual apple store in the whole of auralia, tht was the place i visited. ok applecare what will they do?

zeasar

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
Norn Iron
Call apple care, explain your situation. If they do not offer an exchange then ask to talk to their manager, if he/she do not offer an exchange then ask to speak to customer relations, explain to that person what you have gone through and ask to have it exchanged.

People gets parts of their laptop exchanged when cracks developed too, so therefore its not unlikely that a crack develops in this type of material.

If they still do not offer an exchange, your options would be:

a) return the product by paying the restocking fee, then may or may not go and buy a new one.

b) make a big news out of it, sending photos and stories of your horrible experience with the newly opened apple store to online tech blogs and local news papers, and apple will offer you a new iphone before you know it.

645ci

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2008
well to be honest, the device isnt performing the tast it is designed to do......

TBH go talk to applecare on the phone, explain that you will be happy to have a court summons and they should straighten out, otherways are making a blog about this, the last thing they want is bad rep.

Can you get some pictures for us ;)

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
You can tell us the truth though.. Nobody from Apple is here... we all support you in your quest to replace it, because who wants a jacked up phone...

But seriously, you did just kind of drop am I right? Just slipped it off the end of the table and it fell maybe slightly to the carpeted floor?

wolsow14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
hahha not quite. I havnt dropped it at all. I'm like really anal about all my apple products as soon as I got it a screen protector was on and a case as well. That's why this really annoys me because there is absoloutly no way I would have caused the damage. With that said I really want this fixed. If AppleCare agree to replace or fix it what will happen. Will I be without a phone or will, well I don't know. I'm just annoyed right now. I love the iPhone it's amazing but I just want a perfect product. Is that to much to ask. Tell me what you guys think.

zeasar

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
Norn Iron
hahha not quite. I havnt dropped it at all. I'm like really anal about all my apple products as soon as I got it a screen protector was on and a case as well. That's why this really annoys me because there is absoloutly no way I would have caused the damage. With that said I really want this fixed. If AppleCare agree to replace or fix it what will happen. Will I be without a phone or will, well I don't know. I'm just annoyed right now. I love the iPhone it's amazing but I just want a perfect product. Is that to much to ask. Tell me what you guys think.

Most likely they will send you a box and you send them your iphone in the box to be fixed. But since its a couple of days old, you can ask them to send you a new one, in that case, you will get a new iphone and send them back your cracked iphone in a box they provided.

dabigone

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Bought a new black 16gb, took it home and realized the speaker and headphone jack don't work. Set up a genius bar appt and took it in. They had to do a return and rebuy. But on the rebuy, I couldn't get it at the subsidized price because I already bought the one I just returned. So Apple had to call ATT and leave some voicemail to have it disconnected so that I can rebuy again. This process would take min 24hours. So...they have a reserved new iphone for me and I have a line pass to pick it up today....if ATT did what they were supposed to.

zainjetha

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2007
This is shocking.

A NEW APPLE STORE - they should be humble and polite in order to gain a good reputation as they are new.. they should not be so arrogant and refuse to replace a product. if they gain a bad name in australia and it spreads there is only one apple store so they might lose business.. stupid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.