Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gentleman00

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
I am sure this question has been answered elsewhere. I ordered an iPhone SE from the Apple Store. I am regretting that I did. It has not arrived yet. When it does, do I return it to Apple ( my carrier is At&T)? Second question is whether Apple or AT&T would prevent me from ordering the iPhone that I want? Do I have to wait until they receive the iPhone back before I am allowed to order the one that I want?

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Return the device to Apple, directly. As for being able to purchase another device, it really depends on how the initial one was purchased (i.e. an upgrade, or full price, etcetera)...

gentleman00

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Return the device to Apple, directly. As for being able to purchase another device, it really depends on how the initial one was purchased (i.e. an upgrade, or full price, etcetera)...
Thank you. It's actually a downgrade from a Note 8 to an iPhone SE. ? I did not pay in full. I ordered from Apple and signed up with my carrier, AT&T, for a monthly installment plan. My question is whether I could buy the iPhone I want and return the unopened one after it arrives tomorrow. Still using the Note 8.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Thank you. It's actually a downgrade from a Note 8 to an iPhone SE. ? I did not pay in full. I ordered from Apple and signed up with my carrier, AT&T, for a monthly installment plan. My question is whether I could buy the iPhone I want and return the unopened one after it arrives tomorrow. Still using the Note 8.
If you purchased it from Apple, you will need to return it to Apple. Sounds like you did the carrier installment plan. You will need to wait for the reversal once your phone is return, which usually takes less than 5 minutes or longer for the reversal to take place. Once it's reset then you can buy another one using the monthly installment plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.