Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris7777

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
So after being away from iphone except for a very old iphone 4s floating around somewhere(I'll come back to that later) I was given an iphone 10s . The attempts to log into have been an absolute waking nightmare.
I do have 2 older ipads , my original ipad 3 still jailbroken. and an og ipad air I was given.

i apparently was forced to "upgrade" into the 6 digit pin number on the iphone, which I have since learned I have forgotten as nothing I've attempted has worked.

I had not. charged the 3, or air until recently as the kids have been using them for YouTube and forgot about them.

So when I tried getting on my "new" iphone 10s I'm blocked out by my iCloud/apple id password which I must have been forced to upgrade for "security" reasons. so I had to hunt down other devices. I found my iPad 3 which was apparently no longer signed in to icloud somehow even though I see no reason for me to have ever signed it out, another "security" "benefit" I assume?
so then I locate the air and change my apple id password. I'm saved right?.. .not a chance.
so I manage to sign in on the new 10s only to be asked for you guessed it, my old iphone 4 password.
I'm still trying to locate the device, but apple is sure not helping me return to the fold by making things a root canal. I appreciate the security, but good grief I can't even get the signed in devices to sync because my old as the hills iphone 4 has apparent compare authority over my entire apple life including the power of death.

I'm probably just going to start completely over on the iphone 10, but I haven't totally given up.
other than cracking the stupid 6 digit code .

do I have any options. like for example removing said iphone from my account?

I also got the option to signal 2 devices I no longer own, but obviously that's not going to be possible either.

Even if no one can help me figure out how to solve this, it would be even more appreciated if I were given directions I. how to prevent this sort of thing ever from happening again.

I even have 2 factor set up and get text messages, but nope because the keys to the kingdom were put on an old iphone I'm locked out.

again none of this makes me want to return to apple and iOS just makes me want to stick with Android and never look back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.