Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iggi123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2019
So after much thought, I finally took a plunge from my iPhone X to 12 pro max. phone is beautiful, however to big for my taste. So now getting 12 pro... anyone else made the switch like that? Or should I have waited to get used to it.

So conflicted

i-Liam

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2016
I went the opposite way and swapped my 12 pro for the 12 pro max. The battery life was a disappointment for me on the 12 pro. The size of the pro max seemed too big at first, but after over a week of using it, i’m used to it and wouldn’t go back to the smaller pro.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I had the 12 pro max after having an 11 pro max. It was just a little too large and heavy and so I ordered a pro that arrived on Friday. Very happy with it. The screen size difference isn’t that bad and I soon got used to it. The battery life is terrific. I don’t use my phone much but it’s only lost 10% in 12 hours with very light use. The best thing about it though is the portability. It just doesn’t feel like I’ve got a brick in my pocket any more

iggi123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2019
Wait to get used to it. I was in the same boat with u and now I am keeping 1 pro max
I think you are right lol, I should have waited, I’m getting accustomed to it. I am using it without a case and it’s smaller.

So now I have another question, I ordered the pro from the store to pick up. If I don’t come to pick it up will I get refunded?

Madtiger27

Suspended
Nov 17, 2020
I think you are right lol, I should have waited, I’m getting accustomed to it. I am using it without a case and it’s smaller.

So now I have another question, I ordered the pro from the store to pick up. If I don’t come to pick it up will I get refunded?
Just call Apple. It should be an easy thing for them to cancel the order.

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
Just call apple and cancel it. Actually you should be able to cancel it online too. I did that when I ordered the 12 pro max. I could get it immediately from my carrier and apple would not have it available until the first week in December. They don't charge your card until the phone is available for pickup. That is what happened when I bought the 12 Pro for my husband.

afonsomduarte

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
Portugal
Well I was about to do the same thing but after getting a different case and getting used to the phone I’m no longer thinking of switching to a 12 Pro. It kind of grew in on me. The battery and camera make up for the size and since I’m not going out much because of COVID it doesn’t make much difference in terms of portability.

Duncan68

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2018
I went from an XS Max to a 12 Pro and appreciate the smaller size. It makes it easier to hold grocery bags in your hand while you're using the phone to disarm a security camera.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
So after much thought, I finally took a plunge from my iPhone X to 12 pro max. phone is beautiful, however to big for my taste. So now getting 12 pro... anyone else made the switch like that? Or should I have waited to get used to it.

So conflicted
Yeah you came from a much smaller phone so I can see that. I came from the XS Max so they're the same size but the 12 Pro Max is actually smaller in my case. No pun intended but Otterbox redesigned their Defender cases so the side edges are thinner. It's awesome!

I don't know if this redesign will change their cases for older iPhones but I doubt it because that would require an investment in setting up the machinery.

chrismichael83

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
I have both and testing them. What I am seeing is that the 12 pro max obviously has the better battery to last all day but for me so far it seems a bit to much to use as your everyday phone. I don't really consume a lot of media on the go and have my ipad for that. I think for the next group of 2021 iphones, they should move the 6.1 to 6.3.

Madtiger27

Suspended
Nov 17, 2020
For those who consider 12 PM, this may help...

12 PM advantages (vs 12 P):

- much bigger battery and thus battery life
- much bigger main wide angle camera sensor (47%)
- IBIS stabilization...5000 / seconds
- 2.5x telephoto lens...better for portraits
- 2.5x telephoto lens with 5000 / seconds lens stabilization (2x telephoto of Pro only does 1000/sec)
- better stereo sound from speakers
- better gaming due to lack of throttling

12 PM disadvantages:

- ginormous size
- heavier by 25g = 088 ounce = 0.055 lbs
- cost $100 more

Last edited:
Reactions: VSMacOne

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal

Go to the order under your Apple ID and you’ll see the option to “Cancel Item”. You’ll be refunded

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I thought this year I would be happy with the 6.1” Pro but new 6.7” is just too good to pass up. The 6.1” was already too big to comfortably use one handed so the jump up is not that bad. Having the leather case on the Max does make is slightly bulkier but the extra grip is worth the trade off.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I thought I would keep my pro but had the max too and was blown away, decided to keep it despite the size, it just has too much to offer with the size, screen, speakers, etc. and so many cases##

Reactions: afonsomduarte

cocoro

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020

it should be refunded, can't you call them to cancel? It should be faster for you to get your Money back.

Drowssap

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2019
People that previously owned tiny phones or have tiny hands should not get the 12PM, those that own an XS Max will hardly notice any difference.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I have both and testing them. What I am seeing is that the 12 pro max obviously has the better battery to last all day but for me so far it seems a bit to much to use as your everyday phone. I don't really consume a lot of media on the go and have my ipad for that. I think for the next group of 2021 iphones, they should move the 6.1 to 6.3.
I had both as well I think the best way to put it is, for professional you should get the max for sure! Easier to type, better battery life, calls sound much better, screen is larger to see documents and emails. Just simply out PRO

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
When I was at the apple store yesterday there were SO many people trading their pros in for a MP was crazy. They were sold out ....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.