Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enrincon89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Hello everyone,

Has anyone return or exchange a defective iPhone with the iPhone Upgrade Program?

sportykid2332

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
I just exchanged the other day. I essentially returned the defective phone and purchased the new phone on a new upgrade program. Because it was within 30 days, there supposedly wasn’t another hard credit hit.

Reactions: a reader

off_piste

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2015
I’m going to have to do that to change sizes. Tried the Xs but I find myself still reaching for my 8+ due to the size. I don’t think I’m a fan of the narrow screen. Unfortunately there’s no Xs Max stock and it’s a couple weeks out.

enrincon89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
I just exchanged the other day. I essentially returned the defective phone and purchased the new phone on a new upgrade program. Because it was within 30 days, there supposedly wasn’t another hard credit hit.
How long did it took for your upgrade eligibility to reset and re order the new phone?

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
How long did it took for your upgrade eligibility to reset and re order the new phone?

I received my upgrade kit on Tuesday, sent it out from the FedEx store on Wednesday, and on Thursday I got an email from Apple saying my trade-in was complete and the old loan was closed. The trade in was as smooth as the ordering and shipping of the new phone. This year Apple gets 5 stars.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.