Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I returned the 12pro and Apple.com was updated the same day they got it back and refund was issued.

I guess it depends.
Yea it depends. On some, I've got the return complete on the day they delivered it, usually was the case before covid. But since the pandemic there's been a slight delay and the MBP return I made was the longest of them all as far as waiting. Nearly 6 business days (excluding weekends).

JM91Six

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2019
The shipping label changing is for sure the issue! Just went through this issue and noticed the tracking # was changing. I was worried but it now says received by Apple. This is for sure the issue

Reactions: ModusOperandi

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
I had the same issue when I did a return to Apple a couple weeks ago. The tracking number that Apple has on their website did not match the one that was on the receipt Fedex gave me. I was a little worried since it looked like I hadn't even shipped it back on the Apple site but once it delivered, I got my return conformation and my refund and stuff that same afternoon. Hope this helps!
Why is this happening? I just printed out a return label and handed my package to FedEx. Now when I look at my fedex it shows two packages being sent by me to Apple.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
So, you have one tracking number, but that one tracking number shows 2 packages in shipping?
Sounds like a good deal to me...
Two for the price of one!

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
So, you have one tracking number, but that one tracking number shows 2 packages in shipping?
Sounds like a good deal to me...
Two for the price of one!
No, I have two separate tracking numbers showing on fedex dot com being shipped by me to Apple. The ghost one is still pending and the other one which was the shipping label Apple supplied and I printed via their return website is in fedex possession. Aka the one with the iPhone in it.

Attachments

• DEFD53F1-C053-4A2B-B0CF-C6AD88E19DD6.jpeg
    DEFD53F1-C053-4A2B-B0CF-C6AD88E19DD6.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 66

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Two different tracking numbers?
It's probably a Fedex glitch of some kind.
The "pending" one will likely disappear when your return is accepted by Apple. That will complete the process, and you can then choose to ignore that other tracking number, if it still appears.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Two different tracking numbers?
It's probably a Fedex glitch of some kind.
The "pending" one will likely disappear when your return is accepted by Apple. That will complete the process, and you can then choose to ignore that other tracking number, if it still appears.
Yeah most probably , thanks.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Why is this happening? I just printed out a return label and handed my package to FedEx. Now when I look at my fedex it shows two packages being sent by me to Apple.
did you happen to print off one and then later go back to and hitting that print button? It generates another label with a different tracking number but same RMA.

Reactions: kitt9000

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
So, this is a one-way return (for a refund, for example) Or, is it a ship for repair, where the other tracking number would be activated when your device is returned after repair?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Then, I have no possible explanation for the extra tracking number. That will likely disappear once the shipment is recieved - or you will simply lose interest, as you will be done then, too... :cool:

Reactions: Fred Zed

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
So, this is a one-way return (for a refund, for example) Or, is it a ship for repair, where the other tracking number would be activated when your device is returned after repair?
In my case it was one way return for refund.
Yea for me I once in a while accidentally print another label which then generates another tracking number but it still shows up on my fedex Manage my deliveries but I simply just ignore it.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Yea for me I once in a while accidentally print another label which then generates another tracking number but it still shows up on my fedex Manage my deliveries but I simply just ignore it.
I can assure you only one label was printed.
what I find concerning is that on my orders screen it shows the iPhone in question still sitting as pending. In essence the ghost return label is attached to the one they are expecting back.
So my issue is exactly like the OPs original first post.

Attachments

• 0A6A87E9-3669-456E-BB3E-0A15CC3EBB69.jpeg
    0A6A87E9-3669-456E-BB3E-0A15CC3EBB69.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 67

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I can assure you only one label was printed.
what I find concerning is that on my orders screen it shows the iPhone in question still sitting as pending. In essence the ghost return label is attached to the one they are expecting back.
So my issue is exactly like the OPs original first post.
I don't rely on that status because they rarely update that. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Once Apple receives it and when they process your return and complete it just jumps to Return Complete. That is from my experience in the past.

SammyVDA

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2021
Germany
Hi
I bought an iphone on apple.com last week and i wanted to return it and since the apple stores are closed i went on the website and started the return process. As you can see in the picture from apple.com there are 4 steps for the return.

Although I already shipped the item 2 days ago and Fedex.com tracking shows that it was delivered yesterday and signed for. When I go to apple.com it still shows "return started" "please send this item back to apple"

I posted a picture of the apple.com product return page and it doesn't show anything past the initial step which is in green color.

Anyone else had this happen to them?

View attachment 914634
Same thing happened to me when I returned my 12 Pro Max. After some days they eventually confirmed they had received it and issued my refund.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Same thing happened to me when I returned my 12 Pro Max. After some days they eventually confirmed they had received it and issued my refund.
Yeah thanks. The Apple orders website doesn’t show me a tracking number just a return number which reflects to the one on fedex site which is still pending lol. The real one got delivered this morning. Mr Smith signed for it lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.