Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I am absolutely AMAZED at these prices. This is another $100 price drop! INCREDIBLE BUY! No reason to even consider a rev A anymore NOR HDD!

Scottsdale

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Someone had posted that a rev B with 1.86/SSD could be had for $1399 at Mac Mall. Apparently they removed the post which is good because it's $1694 for the new SSD version or $1394 for the HDD version.

Yet again another reason to buy from Apple refurbished for excellent deals.

$1349 is a bargain for an MBA that cost $2499 two months ago. I NEVER believed we would see rev Bs drop so low as the original MBAs did. The rev B with SSD has always been a solid Mac. Apple must really have a bunch of them left in inventory. And here it is nine months later, and Apple is still DUMPING rev As for $999! Anyone would be crazy to not spend a few bucks more and get the 9400m...

GeekGirl*

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2009
Buffalo, NY
i am not someone...guess they sold to many :)
as for dumping A's I will take a A anytime over a B, I did and will again.....

secretpact

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2007
Is there a difference between Rev B and C? I think I read something about fixing heating issues or screen issues or something.

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Is there a difference between Rev B and C? I think I read something about fixing heating issues or screen issues or something.

I don't know the answer to that, but I do know I'm typing on my refurb rev.C I received yesterday and it's absolutely perfect in every aspect. No screen lines, no fans running all the time, etc.

I'm happily getting rid of my 17" MBP!!

JasG

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2009
I'm ten days into enjoying my Rev. C and if I had the money to toss I'd buy another one, or a refurbished C or B as insurance against the extinction of a three pound MacBook. I can't believe I didn't buy one of these sooner. The weight is simply remarkable, and it lacks nothing that I actually need.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I'm ten days into enjoying my Rev. C and if I had the money to toss I'd buy another one, or a refurbished C or B as insurance against the extinction of a three pound MacBook. I can't believe I didn't buy one of these sooner. The weight is simply remarkable, and it lacks nothing that I actually need.

That is just the point. The MBA with SSD is as fast and capable as any "consumer" Mac user needs. The "pro" features of the MBP are nice on paper but mean nothing to the average/normal Mac user. I am completely amazed by both rev B/C MBAs. I have used every model of Mac, and it's completely capable and amazing. People want to brag about 2.8 GHz or 4 GB RAM or 7200 rpm Scorpio HDD. We just benefit so much by the SSD and very capable MBA being super thin and lightweight. It is an absolute dream. With the new price drops, they are more affordable than ever. The more people that spread the word, the longer this amazing Mac will thrive. This isn't the problematic original Air that fits in an envelope and is a great novelty item. This is a fully capable Mac that when attached to an ACD feels like a Mac Pro yet only takes up the space/weight of a few magazines when in your briefcase. Spread the word. In my opinion, the rev B/C MBAs with SSD are the most incredible Macs ever!

Andrew Henry

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2008
That is just the point. The MBA with SSD is as fast and capable as any "consumer" Mac user needs. The "pro" features of the MBP are nice on paper but mean nothing to the average/normal Mac user. I am completely amazed by both rev B/C MBAs. I have used every model of Mac, and it's completely capable and amazing. People want to brag about 2.8 GHz or 4 GB RAM or 7200 rpm Scorpio HDD. We just benefit so much by the SSD and very capable MBA being super thin and lightweight. It is an absolute dream. With the new price drops, they are more affordable than ever. The more people that spread the word, the longer this amazing Mac will thrive. This isn't the problematic original Air that fits in an envelope and is a great novelty item. This is a fully capable Mac that when attached to an ACD feels like a Mac Pro yet only takes up the space/weight of a few magazines when in your briefcase. Spread the word. In my opinion, the rev B/C MBAs with SSD are the most incredible Macs ever!

I doubt it feels like a MP, I have one with dual Intel X-25's and it SCREAMS, if the MBA is even 1/3 as fast, I have no doubt when I buy mine next week I'll be VERY satisfied! :D

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
I could not resist this deal on the refurb 1.86 SSD and ordered it last night (with no sales tax during my state's tax-free weekend). I've wanted an Air since they were released, but the price has always been the problem. I'm going to eBay my Blackbook (still in great condition) to help with the cost. The Air will not be my only Mac, as I have a Mac Pro for all my heavy-duty stuff. Can't wait to get it!

JasG

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2009
You won't be sorry. My new Air is my only computer and (I am a writer and teacher) it is all that I need. Sure I'll wear it out from use more than my larger, heavier machines, but it will be a small price to pay for the productivity.

My Air (C, SSD) is faster than my first gen unibody 13 2.4, but that's probably because of the larger cache and SSD.

One thing that swayed in the end is again so completely personal that it reminds me for all the usefulness of the advice here everyone has to find what they need: the Air is a more comfortably type machine because of the thinness. When I go back to the MB unibody the extra height in front without the incline makes for less comfortable typing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.