Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Celeron

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Hi everyone,

I have a rev. B 12'' Powerbook. I've had it for a year and 9 months. The battery seems to be pretty much shot. For example, tonight I woke it up to do the OS X updates. The battery was full, reporting 98%. After all the updates were done, roughly 35 minutes, the PB rebooted. When OS X came back up, the battery read 0%. Sure enough, pushing the button on the battery gave me just one flashing led, after which the machine put itself to sleep.

This has been an issue for the last couple months. I'd estimate the battery worked decently until 18 months, afterwhich is went down hill, very fast.

System profiler indicates a full charge capacity of 2099 mAh. Cycle count is 209 (its been increasing rapidly because leaving it sleeping for 3 days results in a dead battery).

I've already tried resetting the PMU and all that jazz. It doesn't get me anything other than a reset clock.

I'm guessing I shouldn't be expecting more from a battery than is now almost 2 years old. Should I be? Might be time to put down the money for a new one, unfortunately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.