Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aholeinthewor1d

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
First. Has anyone who installed Yosemite booted to recovery (Command+R) to see if it updated recovery to yosemite recovery?

Second and most important. Has anyone tried internet recovery (Command+Option+R). Internet recovery should default to installing the OS that shipped with the computer. So if my mac shipped with Mavericks and I installed Yosemite and wanted to erase the HD and go back. I should be able to with internet recovery. Just want to know if anyone has tested before I install Yosemite.

Mherm88

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
Lafayette Hill, PA
Recovery is updated to Yosemite but you can restore from Maverick backups. I haven't been able to because my MBP won't connect to my Time Machine on OSX Maverick Server for some reason.

Internet Recovery did go to Lion for me which was the original OSX version installed. And I was able to connect to my Time Machine to restore to Maverick or reinstall Lion.

rasputin1969

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2010
I'm in the process of restoring now. Second attempt as it failed first time round. It failed at the start but is now on 60% so it's looking good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.