Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tryppy

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
2iwaeya.jpg

Type: Sports / Bowling
Released: September 24th 2008
Number of players: 1-2 (VS or Computer)
App Store Link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=291622678&mt=8
Price: $4.99

Flick Bowling is a great way to waste time. Price tag may be a little high for those who aren't huge fans of bowling but it's a lot better than most of the games found on the app store.

Replayable: Yes
Rating: 4 of 5

Pros:
Colourful
Mix of different characters
Easy to learn
Ability to choose your own ball.
VS Mode against human or computer
No lag

Cons:
No online play
No tournament or league play
No ability to change characters name
Unable to create a character
Flick sometimes tricky until you get the hang of it.

2njkocy.jpg
2sb01w1.jpg

*Please remember that this is a personal opinion and is not directed for you to purchase the game. I haven't but have played it.*

tryppy

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Surely it's a bit easy, repetitive and boring?

It's bowling. Of course it's repetitive ;) I wouldn't say boring though if you're a fan of these types of games.

It's just one you can pick up and have a quick game of bowling.

added Con: Totally missing a glow in the dark feature lol.

Eric Isaacson

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
Thanks for the heads up. After reading your review and checking the App Store info I decided to give it a try.

Eric

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2008
Pin animation is very bad and there seems to be a lag after choosing your ball. I think 300 is still better. There seems to be a trend of just because something is new that it must be better.

tryppy

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Pin animation is very bad and there seems to be a lag after choosing your ball. I think 300 is still better. There seems to be a trend of just because something is new that it must be better.

Reboot your phone or something. Absolutely no lag in this game for me. Played all day.

I'm a bowling fan so I'll have to give 300 a try. I've seen it but haven't had the chance to grab it. Thanks for the heads up

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2008
Reboot your phone or something. Absolutely no lag in this game for me. Played all day.

I'm a bowling fan so I'll have to give 300 a try. I've seen it but haven't had the chance to grab it. Thanks for the heads up

Yeah...The game doesn't lag per se, I meant when you click the ball sometimes it takes longer for the dude to appear on the lane than other times. If the pin animation was better I think it would be an incredible game.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
Yeah its great, smooth graphics, sound all nice. But I suck at it. I gutter balled about 8 frames in a row. LOL :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.