Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Initially my issue was with the tips not creating a proper seal, even using the largest tips. Fortunately I found two solutions. The large tips from my Powerbeats pro and the spinfit XL tips work perfectly. The spinfit’s fit better in the case so I’m using those. With a tight seal these work and sound great. Much better then the APP’s for working out while much more discreet than the Powerbeats pro’s.

TLDR: Make sure you get a great seal and all the features will work flawlessly.

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
Holy cow the black ones get dirty fast and with the stickier silicone on the wings and tips even skin from your finger can show up. Cleaning them is worse because of this material as well, nothing simply wipes off.

Stay far away from the black if your ears aren't clean 24/7 ha.

Untapped Potential

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2017
Initially my issue was with the tips not creating a proper seal, even using the largest tips. Fortunately I found two solutions. The large tips from my Powerbeats pro and the spinfit XL tips work perfectly. The spinfit’s fit better in the case so I’m using those. With a tight seal these work and sound great. Much better then the APP’s for working out while much more discreet than the Powerbeats pro’s.

TLDR: Make sure you get a great seal and all the features will work flawlessly.
Which spinfit variant are you using?

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Reactions: DeepIn2U

bosstg

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2021
i had these for two days and absolutely loved them but I still had to return them today. My right ear would hurt after awhile from the wing tip which is a bummer since they fit me much better than airpods pro. I tried the airpods max a bit and really liked them so I had best buy price matched amazon for $429.98.

Reactions: johntw

johntw

macrumors regular
May 29, 2016
i had these for two days and absolutely loved them but I still had to return them today. My right ear would hurt after awhile from the wing tip which is a bummer since they fit me much better than airpods pro. I tried the airpods max a bit and really liked them so I had best buy price matched amazon for $429.98.
I love my Max! I enjoy the Fit Pro and AirPods 3 immensely for different use cases. But when I am home and really want to listen to music or enjoy a movie/show… AirPos Max.

Reactions: bosstg

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks to all those in the USA currently enjoying the Beats Fit Pro and giving us real world use feedback. Much appreciated.

GOT 'EM! (recap: AirPods fall out instantly, AirPods Pro fall out running, Powerbeats are rock solid but heavy, have a bad charging case, and no ANC, and Studio Buds don't fall out but keep getting "loose feeling" and lack good ANC and Apple features....

30 MINUTE REVIEW:

My god they are perfect. I mean really, really perfect.

1. Putting them in the ears is super fast. Place in ear, slight twist towards your back and the wing pop into your ear to secure it. Absolutely not fiddly. More comfortable at first than any bud I've ever worn in my life. You do not feel the wing in your ear. The lack of movement in my ear is so nice.

2. They do NOT move. I shake my head as hard as I can. Make dramatic chewing movements etc. and they DO NOT MOVE. They don't even loosen. Absolutely as secure as my over the ear Powerbeats Pro (aside I guess from if something strikes my ear, I suppose the Powerbeats Pro might survive that better but might hurt my ear?) but essentially "weight less" feeling unlike the Powerbeats Pro. It's like a miracle and nothing even remotely compared to AirPods or Studio Buds.

3. Sound is awesome. Sounds like AirPods Pro with a bit more bass. It doesn't have as much bass as Powerbeats Pro but isn't nearly as muddy sounding as that was for the mids and highs. It sounds great.

4. ANC is fantastic, eliminates background noise instantly and seems comparable to the AirPods Pro and better than Studio Buds. I'll use them on an airplane this weekend and check back but its good.

5. Transparency is AWESOME! AirPods Pro has great transparency mode but the Studio Buds I've been used have a joke for transparency mode. As I'm typing this I'm wearing the Fit Pros, have music off, transparency on and I'm talking to my wife and it is 95% like I'm not wearing earbuds. It's amazing.

6. The case is much smaller than it looks in pictures. The square shape does make it larger but its about the same thickness as the Studio Buds case. It absolutely is pocketable in mens jeans, slacks or shorts with no unslightly look. I'm not saying a smaller AirPods size case wouldn't be nice, but this absolutely remains a case you can take with you everywhere.

Well I'll have to wear it for a long time and see how long term comfort is. With AirPods Pro and Studio Buds I had to wear the large tips to get any kind of secure fit (and it never really was) but both medium and large tips for Fit Pro produced good ear seal tests but out of habit I switched to large. I wonder if I can get better comfort using medium over many hours of listening but just as good ANC etc. now that the bud doesn't move anymore.

I can't emphasis how much I think this is the best wireless earbud Apple makes as of today and is the best wireless earbud for anyone that cares about the Apple ecosystem features. It's OUTSTANDING.

UPDATE: the button on the Fit Pro is also suprisingly great. It is super tactile and makes a satisifying click and sound and is easy to click once, twice, or three times. Much better than the mushy poor button on the Studio Buds or the tap / squeeze on the various AirPods and AirPods Pro. The button is even better and easier than the one on the Powerbeats but I'll admit nothing will ever beat having the separate volume control rocker on the Powerbeats Pro.

Glad you like these, if I may some feedback and inquiry I hope you can clarify.

SOUND:
Wireless and especially TWE (True Wireless Earphones), 'sound' is a 3 part consideration and it's SO frustrating an overwhelming about of owners provide only 1 aspect of this.

You've mentioned audio playback in terms of your sound segment. Great.
But what about call audio quality for YOU listening to the call (phone, soft-phone e.g. Cisco Jabber, etc)?
What about call audio quality for the other party when using the Beats Fit Pro's ??

This, at least for me is critical and why I wanted until year 2 to get the AirPods gen 1, and sold them after 6mths to get the AirPods Pro's which I was fickle about back and forth until late in the 8mths of release did Apple solve audio playback and ANC issues, before releasing Spacial Audio.

How does the Spacial Audio and other inquiries I have compare to the AirPods Pro's?

Button press: Much appreciate you mentioning this.
Q: how hard, how much force, or how far "in" the ear when pressing the Beats Fit Pro's buttons are needed/occur compared to say Jabra's Elite 7 series or others on the market. For me Jabra's are the most minimal in terms of button presses, that said the Elite 75t Active's were very annoying requiring just a bit too much pressure which drove the earbuds further in my ear canal.

(For reference my ears are small and have average depth in the canal. youtube channel SoldierKnowsBest reviewed the Elite 7 Pro's and he shows how they look in his ears - which matches mine = flush to my ears when looking at my face dead on).

Thanks.

Thanks for feedback. Will def purchase when/if they come to the UK. Still searching for the grail of super comfortable with top notch ANC & solid sound quality.

Currently sticking with the Sony WF-1000XM3 after testing the last two years worth of releases in ANC buds. The WF-1000XM4, Jabra Elite 7 Pro and Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro were a bust this year mainly due to discomfort.

The Sony WF-1000XM4 would have been the strongest contender as sound quality is great but the choice to only offer comply style foam tips (which I think is doing alot of the extra noise isolation over the XM3s, making the ANC not that much better) and I find these a faff to use and are itchy. But also too much of the bud is filling and touching your ear which I just found to uncomfortable sadly.

Airpods Pro would have rivalled my XM3s as they are so comfortable and light with good ANC, but mine were faulty (charging case issues) so I returned them. Now I can see from the hundreds of posts this wasn't a bad thing as they clearly have a design flaw which means they will break/fail eventually, usually within a year if not sooner!

Like you I've tried the SOny WF-1000XM3's, actually flipping back and forth with the AirPods Pro 2x for each (selling/buying). This occurred for me in the first 8mths of the AirPods Pro launch time frame and after Apple resolved ANC/Ambient Sound(hear trough) I was super impressed and stuck for just over a year now.

I'm very curious how the Jabra Elite 7 Pro's felt uncomfortable for you? I have small hears and after about an hour of listening with the XM3's my ears felt very warm and fatigued. I've been using in-ear headphones for over a decade (since the SonyEricsson's wired headphones that came with the K750i or W810i), yet never had ear wax foam nor the warmth like the XM3's caused me personally even after 4hrs listening.

I just purchased the Jabra Elite 7 Active's and I'm liking them.
- not too much bass, I'd say with the current and last 2 AirPods Pro firmwares the APPs are better in base (but I have an update pending right now).
- HearThrough/Ambient sound is about equal at full (you can adjust these).
^ most critical with the AirPods Pro I've noticed the last few months is when waiting outside for a bus, as the bus approaches and brakes, there is a high-pitched squeak from the brakes and the AirPods Pro's automatically enable ANC just enough on either/both earbuds depending on where may ears are vs the braking bus. FANTASTIC! I LOVE this!

For me the critical reason to purchase the Elite 7 Actives was:
battery life (matching the Beats Fit Pro's),
ability to use with Jabra's Link 370 USB-A adapter, so that I can use calls for work via Cisco IP Communicator, then switch to my iPhone to listen to music when not on a call.

I think Apple missed a sale by focusing ONLY on the USA market, yet I think I will still purchase the Beats Fit Pro's when available just north of the USA border. I'm not 100% sold on these Jabra's and they may serve JUST for work (yes I've tried my AirPods Pro's for IP Comm and the audio for me on others sounds like crap, but I blame the audio system on the PC, routing via the Jabra Direct software and then IP Comm which hasn't been updated since 8yrs ago.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Holy cow the black ones get dirty fast and with the stickier silicone on the wings and tips even skin from your finger can show up. Cleaning them is worse because of this material as well, nothing simply wipes off.

Stay far away from the black if your ears aren't clean 24/7 ha.
Rubbing alcohol may work? Use a very lint-free microfiber cloth.

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
My one complaint, and it’s a big one, is the microphones suuuuuuuuck. People who I normally make calls to using my AirPods 2 say I sound awful now. One of the biggest complaints is the Beat Fits Pro are doing next to nothing to block out outside noise.

• Wow

weeesss

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2017
I called someone with the BFP's while walking the dogs and she did not complain that I was outside and she could not hear me, where in the past with the APP's, I she would say something. My only issue I found was wind noise but I just switched to the large eartips.

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
I'm very curious how the Jabra Elite 7 Pro's felt uncomfortable for you? I have small ears and after about an hour of listening with the XM3's my ears felt very warm and fatigued. I've been using in-ear headphones for over a decade (since the SonyEricsson's wired headphones that came with the K750i or W810i), yet never had ear wax foam nor the warmth like the XM3's caused me personally even after 4hrs listening.
The Jabra Elite 7 Pro's felt uncomfortable because they irritated my ears. The way you have to twist them in and the amount of skin surface being touched by plastic was an irritant. On the flip the XM3 is held in my ear by the silicon tips and nearly of all the earphone body is outside of my ear and not touching skin.

mason.smith1975

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2012
I called someone with the BFP's while walking the dogs and she did not complain that I was outside and she could not hear me, where in the past with the APP's, I she would say something. My only issue I found was wind noise but I just switched to the large eartips.
I had wind noise issue too, it's a lot louder than the APP, and the wind wasn't that fast. I had the biggest eartips.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Jabra Elite 7 Pro's felt uncomfortable because they irritated my ears. The way you have to twist them in and the amount of skin surface being touched by plastic was an irritant. On the flip the XM3 is held in my ear by the silicon tips and nearly of all the earphone body is outside of my ear and not touching skin.

Hmm I’ve used the XM3’s and yes the contact is outside the ear to prevent slippage but the depth IN the ear is deeper than the Elite 7 series (Actives and Pros are exactly same design except the button surface are which has no contact to the ear).

Ears are different. Mine, the outside is shallow and not so radial, so most buds will sit flush when looking at my face head on. That maybe the difference why the elite 7 pros affected your ears more than mine.

That said the Elite 7 Actives have 2 major issues:
ANC/Ambient transition has a nasty static that’s super annoying!!! Like listening to a fast rapper stutter LMAO ?
After an hour listening you do notice them in your ears. Example I got home after a bike ride and turned on HearThru (ambient) when I got home. Tried to see if I could del and within 4mins pulled them out. Never had that with APPs which are still king to me.

Looking forward to trying the Beats Fit Pros which are recommended to turn into the ear as well.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
Thanks to all those in the USA currently enjoying the Beats Fit Pro and giving us real world use feedback. Much appreciated.

Glad you like these, if I may some feedback and inquiry I hope you can clarify.

SOUND:
Wireless and especially TWE (True Wireless Earphones), 'sound' is a 3 part consideration and it's SO frustrating an overwhelming about of owners provide only 1 aspect of this.

You've mentioned audio playback in terms of your sound segment. Great.
But what about call audio quality for YOU listening to the call (phone, soft-phone e.g. Cisco Jabber, etc)?
What about call audio quality for the other party when using the Beats Fit Pro's ??

This, at least for me is critical and why I wanted until year 2 to get the AirPods gen 1, and sold them after 6mths to get the AirPods Pro's which I was fickle about back and forth until late in the 8mths of release did Apple solve audio playback and ANC issues, before releasing Spacial Audio.

How does the Spacial Audio and other inquiries I have compare to the AirPods Pro's?

Button press: Much appreciate you mentioning this.
Q: how hard, how much force, or how far "in" the ear when pressing the Beats Fit Pro's buttons are needed/occur compared to say Jabra's Elite 7 series or others on the market. For me Jabra's are the most minimal in terms of button presses, that said the Elite 75t Active's were very annoying requiring just a bit too much pressure which drove the earbuds further in my ear canal.

(For reference my ears are small and have average depth in the canal. youtube channel SoldierKnowsBest reviewed the Elite 7 Pro's and he shows how they look in his ears - which matches mine = flush to my ears when looking at my face dead on).

Thanks.

Like you I've tried the SOny WF-1000XM3's, actually flipping back and forth with the AirPods Pro 2x for each (selling/buying). This occurred for me in the first 8mths of the AirPods Pro launch time frame and after Apple resolved ANC/Ambient Sound(hear trough) I was super impressed and stuck for just over a year now.

I'm very curious how the Jabra Elite 7 Pro's felt uncomfortable for you? I have small hears and after about an hour of listening with the XM3's my ears felt very warm and fatigued. I've been using in-ear headphones for over a decade (since the SonyEricsson's wired headphones that came with the K750i or W810i), yet never had ear wax foam nor the warmth like the XM3's caused me personally even after 4hrs listening.

I just purchased the Jabra Elite 7 Active's and I'm liking them.
- not too much bass, I'd say with the current and last 2 AirPods Pro firmwares the APPs are better in base (but I have an update pending right now).
- HearThrough/Ambient sound is about equal at full (you can adjust these).
^ most critical with the AirPods Pro I've noticed the last few months is when waiting outside for a bus, as the bus approaches and brakes, there is a high-pitched squeak from the brakes and the AirPods Pro's automatically enable ANC just enough on either/both earbuds depending on where may ears are vs the braking bus. FANTASTIC! I LOVE this!

For me the critical reason to purchase the Elite 7 Actives was:
battery life (matching the Beats Fit Pro's),
ability to use with Jabra's Link 370 USB-A adapter, so that I can use calls for work via Cisco IP Communicator, then switch to my iPhone to listen to music when not on a call.

I think Apple missed a sale by focusing ONLY on the USA market, yet I think I will still purchase the Beats Fit Pro's when available just north of the USA border. I'm not 100% sold on these Jabra's and they may serve JUST for work (yes I've tried my AirPods Pro's for IP Comm and the audio for me on others sounds like crap, but I blame the audio system on the PC, routing via the Jabra Direct software and then IP Comm which hasn't been updated since 8yrs ago.

well, i'm just one user and not a professional reviewer so i can only comment on the use cases that *I* use and that's what i did. i intentionally didn't comment on call quality because frankly, i seldom ever use that feature as i greatly prefer holding the phone to my ear and feel uncomfortable talking into nothingness when wearing headphones. i have since my initial comments had the chance to receive a call when outdoors running so i did briefly use the beats fit pro and i found them clear for hearing the incoming person and they said i sounded "fine" just slightly "distant". i suspect the AirPods Pro are slightly better if only because the stems might help place the mic in a better location.

the button is a real outstanding feature on the beats pro. it is VERY clicky and tactile and when pressed on the bottom of the bud (just wear the "b" letter is) it gives a nice click without an real force needed or a feeling of pushing into the ear. i think it is outstanding.

spatial audio and head tracking is great and indistinguishable from airpods pro. i tend to leave head tracking off unless watching movies.

ANC is very good after several airplane flights with them now, i do find it has slightly higher audible "hiss" from the ANC than AirPods Pro, but it is very close. when listening to music at the same time the hiss is nearly inaudible so i find it to be a near tie with APP *unless* you are using them JUST for the ANC with no music/podcasts just silence... in which case APP is just slightly better. Still great.

I haven't used Jabras.

I'm also certain the USA only launch has more to do with supply constraints than anything else, Apple would love to sell these internationally for the holiday but they must feel that can't supply enough so they concentrated on one market where they could have enough stock. I'm sure there will be an international rollout in early 2022.

Last edited:

verdi1987

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Is anyone having issues with extremely low volume on calls? It’s on the highest volume setting, and I couldn’t even hear the callers. Non-call volume is fine. I’ve restarted my phone. I’ll try re-pairing it later.

BD1

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
Is anyone having issues with extremely low volume on calls? It’s on the highest volume setting, and I couldn’t even hear the callers. Non-call volume is fine. I’ve restarted my phone. I’ll try re-pairing it later.
No problems here….loud and clear on calls

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.