Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordii

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
It's surprisingly hard to find an answer to this!

A photo in my camera roll is blurry. It’s a Live Photo and, a moment before final capture, the image was well-focused. How do I grab that penultimate moment?

I could convert to GIF, play a step at a time via Quicktime Player, and take a screenshot, but there must be a simpler way!

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
in the photos app go to Edit on the top
right. at the bottom will be the word Cancel and four icons. click the first one (it looks like a bullseye kind of) then scroll through the filmstrip to choose your main image and click Make Key Image.

jordii

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
in the photos app go to Edit on the top
right. at the bottom will be the word Cancel and four icons. click the first one (it looks like a bullseye kind of) then scroll through the filmstrip to choose your main image and click Make Key Image.
Ah, great! Thanks so much!

This is one of those photo things that works way better in iOS than on Mac. I was figuring Mac would allow me to use arrow key to easily scan the live photo frames, but, instead, it stupidly took me to previous photo, even though I was in edit mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.