Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coachcasa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2021
When the new MacBook Pro came out I knew I was going to buy one to replace my 2018 MacBook Pro. I decided I'd wait a month or two and check out the reviews and then decide which model I was going to get. Now that I know which model I'm going to get is there any reason to wait any longer? I know a lot of this is down to personal preference but is there anything to glean or benefit from by waiting until the end of the year or January versus buying now? Thanks.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Nope, it’s really fast, a great computer and just came out. Unless you specifically need x86. You should get it.

the longer you wait. the longer you’ll be waiting for a BTO unit.

Anyways, you’ve got a fifteen day return window. If you have any specific software issues. Much longer if you get a prebuilt model from Costco.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I buy when I recognize that I need a new machine... obviously, the release cycle plays a part in that decision, if I am able to wait. With Apple just having released the 14" and 16" MBPs with M1Pro and M1Max silicon, I see this as the perfect time, if you are otherwise ready to buy.

Reactions: Tagbert

Coachcasa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2021
Thanks, everyone. I just meant is there any reason to wait at this point? I think I've seen enough reviews to know the pros and cons of the machines and have enough information to figure out which model I'm going to buy. I was originally planning to wait a few months, but I'm not sure there is a benefit at this point.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Thanks, everyone. I just meant is there any reason to wait at this point? I think I've seen enough reviews to know the pros and cons of the machines and have enough information to figure out which model I'm going to buy. I was originally planning to wait a few months, but I'm not sure there is a benefit at this point.

None that I am aware of...

Reactions: Tagbert

TechRunner

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2016
SW Florida, US
I'm waiting to order mine until after the holidays for reasons related to seasonal poverty, but if that wasn't in play, I'd already be checking my shipping status daily ;)

Go ahead and get one. I see little reason to wait.

Reactions: Coachcasa

golfer883

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2016
Think there will be any Black Friday sales for the new MacBook Pro, has that ever happened on new release?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.