Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scubachap

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2016
UK
OMG, this morning launching Photoshop and Illustrator I was treated to Rings of Power ads in the splash screens! Agh! How long before we have to sit through ads while we export PDFs or while we save etc...

Looks like they've been doing this for a a while and I'm a bit late to the party but come back Quark all is forgiven...

Last edited:

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
OMG, this morning launching Photoshop and Illustrator I was treated to Rings of Power ads in the splash screens! Agh! How long before we have to sit through ads while we export PDFs or while we save etc...

Looks like they've been doing this for a a while and I'm a bit late to the party but come back Quark all is forgiven...
That was removed a week or 2 ago, are you updated to the latest?

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 6.31.28 AM.png

Reactions: scubachap

scubachap

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2016
UK
Hi - great, thanks for posting that... I thought I was reasonably up to date but sounds like I'm a bit behind... (I tend to be so deliberately...) I've googled it all a bit now and does look like it rightly caused a bit of fuss...

Also up 'till now the splash screen never bothered me (plus they always reminded me of just how small screens used to be - Mac SE / Classic etc) but I don't think there's a way to switch them of on the Mac versions?

mabaker

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2008
They paid for the series more than 1 billion USD so they promote it everywhere. It's a good show but it will never make them the money back. It's not THAT good.

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
They paid for the series more than 1 billion USD so they promote it everywhere. It's a good show but it will never make them the money back. It's not THAT good.
good show? It was horrible. Anyways that is for another thread.

Hi - great, thanks for posting that... I thought I was reasonably up to date but sounds like I'm a bit behind... (I tend to be so deliberately...) I've googled it all a bit now and does look like it rightly caused a bit of fuss...

Also up 'till now the splash screen never bothered me (plus they always reminded me of just how small screens used to be - Mac SE / Classic etc) but I don't think there's a way to switch them of on the Mac versions?
Not sure why you would deliberately be behind these days. You can always go back to a previous version if you install the latest and find some weird glitch that keeps you from getting the job done. I can't remember that ever happening with CC. You can also keep a new and old version installed as well, there is an option to keep the previous version. Default though is it deletes the old and installs the new.

scubachap

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2016
UK
good show? It was horrible. Anyways that is for another thread.

Not sure why you would deliberately be behind these days. You can always go back to a previous version if you install the latest and find some weird glitch that keeps you from getting the job done. I can't remember that ever happening with CC. You can also keep a new and old version installed as well, there is an option to keep the previous version. Default though is it deletes the old and installs the new.
Agree completely about the show (but that's for elsewhere as you say...)

I'm sort of up to date, further forward than I used to be but work off a couple a couple of machines and keep previous versions when I upgrade etc. I tend to put off Adobe updates when things are really busy and update when quieter. I also often have to deal with people who don't have the latest etc... It works for me

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Agree completely about the show (but that's for elsewhere as you say...)

I'm sort of up to date, further forward than I used to be but work off a couple a couple of machines and keep previous versions when I upgrade etc. I tend to put off Adobe updates when things are really busy and update when quieter. I also often have to deal with people who don't have the latest etc... It works for me
One of the things I love about Adobe CC is the fact that pretty much everyone is on the same version now. Can't remember the last time I got anything prepared in CS6 or earlier. I usually jump on it once released but keep the old version just in case. Installation is quick and easy so never an issue with time, unless I am just completely buried then I just wait till I have a little breathing room

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.