Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steffi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
So these are backordered until February and I've received mine already. I'm just curious what else do folks consider when evaluating an iPad suitable bag. There's no doubt the Tom Bihn's are pricey.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Have you looked at sfbags.com - maybe the Muzetto? I love both Tom Bihn and Waterfield Designs bags, but they're both a bit pricier than I'd like to pay.

I've heard great things quality-wise from both places though. I may have to spring for the Ristretto or Muzetto one of these days.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
I've got the Waterfield Muzetto and the Tom Bihn large Cafe Bag (much cheaper than the Restretto). Although the Muzetto is great looking and well made, I find the Cafe Bag much more functional (and it's also great looking and well made).

nightsky971

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
Steffi,

I can't speak about the other bags mentioned here (I have heard good things), but the Ristretto is fantastic. I've had mine for over two years now, it gets a lot of use, and it stills looks like it did the day I got it. I actually just ordered an ID messenger with brain cell for daily/mac use. The Tom Bihn stuff is top quality. Knowing what I do now, I would wait the month or two. It's worth it. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I've got the Waterfield Muzetto and the Tom Bihn large Cafe Bag (much cheaper than the Restretto). Although the Muzetto is great looking and well made, I find the Cafe Bag much more functional (and it's also great looking and well made).

+1 on the Tom Bihn Large Cafe bag. Very similar to the Ristretto, but w/o the padded section. This allows me to use my own protection for the iPad and w/o the padded pocket has room for other items (iPad or not). I also like that fabric they use on the Cafe bags more (lighter, not as stiff or rigid).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.