Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seshiro@gmx.at

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
This year's MacBooks are out for about a month and I already got the third device delivered. Why so?

MacBook 1: the foot on the right front was slightly above ground when the MacBook was sitting on a flat service. The MacBook was therefore wobbly. To me it seemed like this effect was the strongest, when the MacBook already got a little warm and/or when the screen was tilted way back. (Sure thing I checked a series of FLAT tables)

MacBook 2: same issue as 1 - also the right front foot – but not as pronounced.

MacBook 3: Something on the inside is loose. I assume it's the speaker assembly. You can clearly hear it when tilting the whole notebook. by shaking the notebook slowly it pretty much sounds like a metronome.
This one also rarely wobbles on the right front foot.

So 3 MacBooks by now, 3 of them faulty. I actually have a 2015 rMacBook with no problems whatsoever.
And now I'm curious: Are some of you also experiencing built quality issues (especially wobble) with the 2016 rMacBook (or even the 2015)?

Borja1055

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
This year's MacBooks are out for about a month and I already got the third device delivered. Why so?

MacBook 1: the foot on the right front was slightly above ground when the MacBook was sitting on a flat service. The MacBook was therefore wobbly. To me it seemed like this effect was the strongest, when the MacBook already got a little warm and/or when the screen was tilted way back. (Sure thing I checked a series of FLAT tables)

MacBook 3: Something on the inside is loose. I assume it's the speaker assembly. You can clearly hear it when tilting the whole notebook. by shaking the notebook slowly it pretty much sounds like a metronome.

So 3 MacBooks by now, 3 of them faulty. I actually have a 2015 rMacBook with no problems whatsoever.
And now I'm curious: Are some of you also experiencing built quality issues (especially wobble) with the 2016 rMacBook (or even the 2015)?

No. It's just you.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles

If you do a search you will find a couple of posts on this previously with 2015 models, but not 3 n a row although one poster returned around 20 rMB all with differing faults as far as he/she was concerned.

flight505

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2014
i returned one - faulty keys "P" and "Spacebar".. a premium retailer told me that they had several returns due to the keyboard and over heating... good luck with the new superskinny MBP

youngturk

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2016
Rouen / France
I just returned my m7/256 for refund. CBA with waiting for a new unit as it was a custom order. I loved the sound and machine alot, it is just that I found backlight bleed on the right corner of the panel. It was very minor but I am very picky about this stuff. You could see the blacks were not so black on the corner and etc. Also caps lock key felt different than rest of the keys, sometimes it didnt register.(like if you didnt firmly hit the key. Just giving a tap didn't activate it sometimes) maybe it was because of the LED light in the key but whatever. 1.644 euros, I will not accept that.

sakabaro

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2015
(1) and (2) are not really issues, you can just bend gently for a few seconds in the other way and you should be fine. Even if you have one without this issue, it will bend at some point.

(3) is battery a bit loss and that's a real issue.

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
I had the slightly uneven right foot issue as well. When the screen was tilted further back pressing down on the right side of the palm rest would cause wobble and made some noise. I put some pressure on that area simply holding it with my thumb on the top and a couple fingers on the underside and pressing with my thumb. Problem solved, no more wobble regardless of screen angle. If it keeps happening I'll just use AppleCare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.