Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hook85

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2015
Sheffield, UK
I've had my rMB replaced at the Apple Store due to a faulty keyboard. I purchased Apple Care when I ordered it, but that hasn't transferred over to the new rMB.

Is there something I need to do?

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I've had my rMB replaced at the Apple Store due to a faulty keyboard. I purchased Apple Care when I ordered it, but that hasn't transferred over to the new rMB.

Is there something I need to do?

Wouldn't it fall under the one year warranty? Apple Care isn't necessarily needed..

Theozz

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2015
France
Wouldn't it fall under the one year warranty? Apple Care isn't necessarily needed..

What Hook85 wanted to know is how to transfer the AppleCare he bought with his first rMB to the rMB replacement Apple gave him :)

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
What Hook85 wanted to know is how to transfer the AppleCare he bought with his first rMB to the rMB replacement Apple gave him :)

Fair enough. But he mentioned the faulty keyboard... Figured Apple was perhaps giving him a hard time.. That's all.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
AppleCare is tied to the device. If its replaced it needs to be transfers. I would put the new serial number into the AppleCare site and see if it covered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.