Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Homy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Sweden
Robert "Rob Art" Morgan, the iconic Mac reviewer/tester and the founder of Barefeats has passed away.
:(

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
Tremendously sad news

The absolute go-to source for unbiased performance analysis and many different interesting product comparisons

I always loved how simple and to the point he kept things on his site.

Just the results and no BS -- and unlike so much of the current "review" world, no worries about bias or influence.

thomasjpr

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2014
I was heartbroken to read about this news this morning. His reviews and benchmarks really informed a lot of my purchase decisions over the years. His writing always made it clear he loved the Mac, and he was an important resource for the community. Just a tremendous loss.

Reactions: Homy

Homy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Sweden
I used to visit the site many times in the past. I remember I visited Barefeats many times when I was about to buy my first Intel iMac C2D and wanted to see benchmarks for Halo that I had ordered on Macgamestore on Sep 6th 2007 costing $49.95 including shipping to Sweden. Time flies...

Last edited:
Reactions: turbineseaplane

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
I was suspicious that something was wrong based on how long it had been since his last update... I was hoping it was just a vacation :(

I’ve been reading BareFeats longer and more consistently than any other computing website except MacRumors. This is a huge blow to the Mac community and his analysis will be missed.

RIP Rob Art!

Homy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Sweden
just found this terrible news...
what a loss for the tech world.

my condolences to family and friends.

now what? :(
Now MrMacRight is quitting Youtube. Really enjoyed his channel and Mac gaming news.

Varmann

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2010
Very sad to hear that!
It was one of the best sites in its category, plain and good testing without hyperbole. Few left of them nowadays.

Reactions: alesi and Homy

cyberlocke

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2009
I guess I found out about a year ago, actually to the day (tomorrow). I was shocked too. He was my go to source anytime I was buying new Macs for work or personally. Loved his reviews, and I've no doubt he saved me some money over the years by helping me decide what upgrades and BTO options were worth the money. Sad, but good to know he knew Jesus.

For some reason today I thought I'd come to MacRumors and see if there were any threads discussing his passing. Honestly I'm surprised there isn't more here. He will be missed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.