Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kleber20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2013
Hey guys,

I had been trying to find some robot vacuum I could control with either HomeKit or Siri Shortcuts, but I haven’t seen any, beside the Neato Robvac d3 and above, I cannot believe other brands are not making it compatible with an iPhone... Or somebody here knows a work around with other brands to make it compatible with homekit or use Siri Shortcuts?

Saludos!

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
There aren’t any genuine HomeKit ones but have a look at this video, it shows you how to get around it using third-party apps

Reactions: Itinj24

Debauch

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2013
Roborock vacuums using the Xiaomi app have the option for Siri Shortcuts. I have a S4 and can have it vacuum the entire house via “Hey Siri, vaccum the house.”

Reactions: StumpyBloke

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
roomba supports ifttt
you can trigger ifttt using shortcuts.

others might support ifttt also, I just went with a big name

Siobhan Ellis

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2020
If you are willing to dive into Homebridge (There are some commercial versions, such as HOOBS), then there are a few options. I control my Roomba via Homebridge.

fatalogic

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2016
Just to echo the above if your ok with setting up home bridge I would go with a Roomba or roborock vacuum. Currently I have my roborock s4 configured to vacuum when I leave the house and I can tell Siri to clean specific rooms which is pretty cool.

laszlo182

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
with some skill level you can have a switch in the Home app for (at least) roborock, using home assistant. homekit does not have a support for robot vacuums (yet)

it’s all available on google

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.