Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fhturner

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Birmingham, AL & Atlanta, GA
Looked around but cannot find much on this. Does anyone have experience w/ or knowledge about the Highpoint RocketRAID 642L under High Sierra? The Highpoint site has drivers v4.13.2, but the readme only specifies up to 10.12.

fhturner

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Birmingham, AL & Atlanta, GA
For those of you searching for this answer and landing here, to answer myself on this, YES, the RocketRAID 642L works under macOS 10.13 High Sierra. It appears to include a newer driver than the latest one available from Highpoint's site (the v4.13.2 for Sierra I mentioned above)...this one is 4.13.6 on the machine I upgraded. Anyway, hope this helps someone!

Reactions: jbarley

sarthak

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
For those of you searching for this answer and landing here, to answer myself on this, YES, the RocketRAID 642L works under macOS 10.13 High Sierra. It appears to include a newer driver than the latest one available from Highpoint's site (the v4.13.2 for Sierra I mentioned above)...this one is 4.13.6 on the machine I upgraded. Anyway, hope this helps someone!

Had to upgrade recently from the R622 which was incompatible OOB and the driver won't install.

However, the R642L works fine on High Sierra with v4.13.2_16_11_17 HighPoint driver and RAID Management Web Tool from their site. Are you suggesting there is an OOB v4.13.6 in the OS or do you mind sharing a link?

Compatibility with Mojave will be the big question as to whether it's a safe upgrade or will result in downtime from unloaded kexts if the driver package installs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.