Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
You know, after seeing the 5#!^show that it's been for many AW3 purchasers on T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon and EE, I'm thinking the entire reason that they held off was to let the other carriers be the pioneers for this launch. (i.e. "The pioneers are the ones with the arrows in their backs")

Surprised we're not seeing any Bell (Canada) threads spring up as they also would be activating AW3's today.

While Rogers/Fido already had VoLTE support on their network, I was hypothesizing that they didn't have the eSIM provisioning setup yet. Heh. Now I'm thinking they just wanted to save a bit of PR grief. :)

Not-so-patiently-waiting to get my AW3 SBSS *sigh* :( (I'm on Fido).

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
You know, after seeing the 5#!^show that it's been for many AW3 purchasers on T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon and EE, I'm thinking the entire reason that they held off was to let the other carriers be the pioneers for this launch. (i.e. "The pioneers are the ones with the arrows in their backs")

Surprised we're not seeing any Bell (Canada) threads spring up as they also would be activating AW3's today.

While Rogers/Fido already had VoLTE support on their network, I was hypothesizing that they didn't have the eSIM provisioning setup yet. Heh. Now I'm thinking they just wanted to save a bit of PR grief. :)

Not-so-patiently-waiting to get my AW3 SBSS *sigh* :( (I'm on Fido).
Even though Rogers own Fido, i believe Rogers customer will be able to get it before Fido

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.