Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZippyBear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2017
Recently My iPhone5s has been experiencing issues with 10.3.2, and I'd like to roll it back to an older unsigned iOS. While I'm at it, I thought that I might jailbreak it in the process because I'm not a fan of the methods used to jailbreak the newer iOS versions.

Dose anyone know of a method to rollback the iOS?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Recently My iPhone5s has been experiencing issues with 10.3.2, and I'd like to roll it back to an older unsigned iOS. While I'm at it, I thought that I might jailbreak it in the process because I'm not a fan of the methods used to jailbreak the newer iOS versions.

You can't. You need a jailbreak to do that and the 5s doesn't allow it anyway.

Reactions: LoveToMacRumors

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada

Honestly, if you could downgrade easy like that, i would go back to ios 9

Reactions: old-wiz

vintagedude76

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2015
This is just the thing that always irritated me about smartphones esp in recent years... android is the same way! Phone makers forbid you from downgrading! Why is it that on my mac for example that i can downgrade it to the os it shipped with for example if i feel it works better yet my iphone once you upgrade your stuck at that version with no way back even if the upgrade is worse? Very heavy handed i say. We as the buying public have no say or choice with the expensive devices we buy!

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
This is just the thing that always irritated me about smartphones esp in recent years... android is the same way! Phone makers forbid you from downgrading! Why is it that on my mac for example that i can downgrade it to the os it shipped with for example if i feel it works better yet my iphone once you upgrade your stuck at that version with no way back even if the upgrade is worse? Very heavy handed i say. We as the buying public have no say or choice with the expensive devices we buy!
Because there are massive security issues on phones that need updates. macOS receive security updates individually and you don't need to update the entire OS to get it.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Still it should be the individuals choice if they want to take that chance or not...
No because then Apple will be blamed for not updating devices, just as Microsoft was with WannaCry and Windows XP.

If Apple forces it and prevents you from downgrading, their hands are clean.

ZippyBear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2017
No because then Apple will be blamed for not updating devices, just as Microsoft was with WannaCry and Windows XP.

If Apple forces it and prevents you from downgrading, their hands are clean.

The reasons why are obvious, but is there a method of downgrading like there is with the older devices?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.