Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kysuu01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2014
Hello,

I'm hoping someone here can help. I recently purchased Rome Total War from the Mac App Store. I also downloaded a mod for the game called Rome Total Realism. The game with the mod runs great the only issue I have is when it comes to saving. No matter what faction I play as I will get a message when I try to save telling me: "Save Failed: Couldn't create save file on disk." I'm not sure where the problem lies. When I play Rome Total War without the mod it saves just fine. I'm using a MacBook Pro btw.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Hello,

I'm hoping someone here can help. I recently purchased Rome Total War from the Mac App Store. I also downloaded a mod for the game called Rome Total Realism. The game with the mod runs great the only issue I have is when it comes to saving. No matter what faction I play as I will get a message when I try to save telling me: "Save Failed: Couldn't create save file on disk." I'm not sure where the problem lies. When I play Rome Total War without the mod it saves just fine. I'm using a MacBook Pro btw.

It's because of Apple's sandboxing system blocks modding from working :( IT works without hacks if you own the none Mac AppStore version.

If you place the entire Rome game inside the containers folder for Rome (which is a protected area that the Rome application is allowed to read/write) then you can play.

You can find the containers folder for Rome by using the "Open Preferences" button in the about tab of the pre game options panel.

Edwin

FORGQTTEN

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2014
It's because of Apple's sandboxing system blocks modding from working :( IT works without hacks if you own the none Mac AppStore version.

If you place the entire Rome game inside the containers folder for Rome (which is a protected area that the Rome application is allowed to read/write) then you can play.

You can find the containers folder for Rome by using the "Open Preferences" button in the about tab of the pre game options panel.

Edwin

Wait so do we just copy and paste the Rome Total war app from the application folder and just put it anywhere on the folder, or just place the file from the application folder into the preferences folder so that there's no rome app on the application folder.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Wait so do we just copy and paste the Rome Total war app from the application folder and just put it anywhere on the folder, or just place the file from the application folder into the preferences folder so that there's no rome app on the application folder.

The Rome app needs to be placed in it's own preferences folder and you need to launch that version. You can keep a copy in the Applications folder if you like but that is not required.

Edwin

tim.veldeman

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2016
The Rome app needs to be placed in it's own preferences folder and you need to launch that version. You can keep a copy in the Applications folder if you like but that is not required.

Edwin

Hi Edwin!

Could you be a bit more specific which folder exactly is the preferences folder? I can't find it. I looked in ~/Library/Containers but there doesn't seem to to be anything there.

Cheers!

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Hi Edwin!

Could you be a bit more specific which folder exactly is the preferences folder? I can't find it. I looked in ~/Library/Containers but there doesn't seem to to be anything there.

Cheers!

Use the "Open Preferences" button on the pre game launcher that will open the folder for you. :)

Cheers,

Edwin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.