Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
This is different from the smart cover compatible warnings. I just recevied an email from the Amazon seller that I bought the rooCase from. They are stating the sleep/wake function is not working and they will send me a replacement. I have not tested this yet since I am still waiting for my mini (hurry up FedEx :p).

Thank you for your recent purchase of the rooCASE Ultra-Slim Vegan Leather Folio Case for Apple iPad Mini 7.9-Inch Tablet - Thinnest Folio Case - 17mm!

Unfortunately, it has come to our attention today that although the case you've purchased fits the iPad Mini correctly, the Sleep/Wake feature is not supported by this case. I apologize for the inconvenience! The manufacturer is already working to resolve the Sleep/Wake feature and you will receive the corrected replacement case at no additional charge to you within the next 10-14 days. The corrected replacement case will be sent out to you without any further action on your part. You do not need to send the original case back to us – it is yours to keep free of charge so that your new iPad Mini will not go unprotected while the corrected case is on its way to you.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I received the same email for the rooCASE Slim-Fit Folio Case Cover with Multi Adjustable Viewing Angles for Apple iPad Mini 7.9-Inch Tablet that I ordered.

That's awesome customer service, if I do say so myself.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
That's some customer service eh?

I got the email also. Makes me proud for them, actually. :D

UnseenLlama

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
Same thing with the Kay cases on Amazon. There was a letter when I received it saying that it might not fit correctly, but they would send a new one with the correct specs.

ANMA dojo

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
Interesting how this thread gives props to rooCase for sending out information, but the Kays thread is so negative. :D
the issue with the rooCase is sleep/wake function only, whereas the issue with the Kays thread is with the case not fitting properly... at least the rooCase here should adequately protect it :)

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I received my rooCase today. It's quite nice, especially considering it's not real leather. Obviously, the sleep/wake function doesn't work.

My only complaint is that one of the clips that holds the iPad in the case covers one of the speakers. Perhaps they'll move it in the replacement case that they're sending. If not, not a really big deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.