Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dieselengine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2024
Hi. I have got macbook pro 2012 and some good experience with OCLP. My problem is, I cannot enable Root account. I tried different ways with no success.
So to clarify. I installed Catalina without OCLP and enabled root account successfully. Logged into root account. No problem. I installed on it OCLP and Big Sur, Ventura, Sonoma and in neither I could enable root Account. I could enable but when I try to login, I get logged in but get spinning beachball of death and nothing can be done other than hard reset.
I tried clean install without Catalina step, same result.
Tried to Google it but because of key word "root", Google only throws results related to "root patches" which I installed anyway.
Can anyone help me or it is time to relearn windows as I am not fan of new Macs at all.
Thank you.

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Can anyone help me or it is time to relearn windows as I am not fan of new Macs at all.
Why do you need to enable "root"? Is "sudo" not sufficient? I understand the exercise here but seems to be quite melodramatic to jump over to Windows... unless you were being sarcastic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.