Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
There's been a lot of "check my new site" posts lately (must be because of the new year coming up) :) so sorry to create another one. Just wanted to share mine as well. It's still a bit rough and light on content, but those issues will be worked out in time.

Anyways, here it is. Any initial thoughts, feedback, and criticism is welcome. :)

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
I like the setup and the coloring of your site.....easy on the eyes. If you have a chance, please check out mine (in my signature)....my wife and I just finished it a few days ago.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
man, just because I KNOW you have more in store I'm waiting, judging from your business cards (previously posted on MR), I'm certain this is only a fraction of what you are capable of.
The sub.divide link leads me to beleive you WILL knock are socks off in the future.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
dornoforpyros said:
man, just because I KNOW you have more in store I'm waiting, judging from your business cards (previously posted on MR), I'm certain this is only a fraction of what you are capable of.
The sub.divide link leads me to beleive you WILL knock are socks off in the future.

Thanks for the comments guys. Just so you know, I didn't script that javascript effect. It's from an effects library (http://script.aculo.us/). The only thing I can take credit for is the design and front-end code (xhtml/css). :)

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
Nice nice, I love the sub-divide thing.

What kind of camera did you use to take the shots in the photo gallery?

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
Well that looks very, very cool. You did ask for criticism though ;) . My only negative comment is that the font color is too light (IMHO) for the white background. It may be a bit hard to read on brighter monitors, maybe you could use a darker shade of grey? just a thought...:eek:

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
floyde said:
Well that looks very, very cool. You did ask for criticism though ;) . My only negative comment is that the font color is too light (IMHO) for the white background. It may be a bit hard to read on brighter monitors, maybe you could use a darker shade of grey? just a thought...:eek:

Thanks for the comment. :) I'll definitely put it on my to-do list.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
MacFan782040 said:
Nice nice, I love the sub-divide thing.

What kind of camera did you use to take the shots in the photo gallery?

Those are pretty old photos, so I believe back then it was a Sony F707.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Excellent site! Easy on the eyes and I love the fluid motion in the sub divide.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
It's too bad you can't take credit for the subdivide thing.

Wow.

I haven't looked at the code, but here's how I think they did it.

Looks like the script creates an iframe and fills it with a page you provided.
the iframe is initially hidden btw.

Then when you click, it dynamically makes it visible and makes the height more and more.

Just a thought.

BTW nice job. wow.:eek:

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
bobber205 said:
It's too bad you can't take credit for the subdivide thing.

Wow.

I haven't looked at the code, but here's how I think they did it.

Looks like the script creates an iframe and fills it with a page you provided.
the iframe is initially hidden btw.

Then when you click, it dynamically makes it visible and makes the height more and more.

Just a thought.

BTW nice job. wow.:eek:

I can't take too much credit for the concept either. I always give credit where credit is due. The first place I saw this "concept" is http://www.shauninman.com. I just implemented mine differently.

It's not actually an iframe, just a div. It's hidden via CSS and when that button is clicked, javascript code is invoked to slide the div open.

Here are some possible effects from script.aculo.us: http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/CombinationEffectsDemo

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
i would always check your site everytime you posted on NC.org. Glad to see you finally got it up. Looks amazing. I will have to say at times the color of the font can be annoying but I think I got used to it. Keep up the good work

GhostFace

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2005
Great site. I love to look at sites form independent mac users. I will be bookmarking your site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.