Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontlan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2024
I had this problem in chrome as well, why is this happening? I have a steelseries rival 3 mouse, I use this app to make scrolling smooth, I tried other apps but it didn't help, they all work the same(
Do I really have to buy a magic mouse?

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Is "scrolling with inertia" checked in Accessibility, Pointer Control, Mouse & Trackpad, Mouse Options?

ScrollWithInertia.jpg

If not, try checking that box and then doing some fresh scrolling.

Reactions: bobjonesco

for this

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2014
Looks like Mac users don't know what you mean. And videos can't present the problem well enough.

It's funny, isn't it? When you can drag a web page window around the screen quite smoothly but scrolling the page in that window is stuttering like driving through unevenly spaced speed bumps.

Last edited:

dontlan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2024
Looks like Mac users don't know what you mean. And videos can't present the problem well enough.

It's funny, isn't it? When you can drag a web page window around the screen quite smoothly but scrolling the page in that window is stuttering like driving through unevenly spaced speed bumps.
I don't find anything funny about it, mac seems to be incompatible with my mouse and I hate using mac because of it

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
Yeah, it could be the mouse. I had a mouse like that once that had jittery scrolling and nothing I did would fix it.

No, you don't need to get a Magic Mouse. Plenty of mice work just fine. I've tried all sorts of mice with my setup. Some just work better than others.

dontlan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2024
Yeah, it could be the mouse. I had a mouse like that once that had jittery scrolling and nothing I did would fix it.

No, you don't need to get a Magic Mouse. Plenty of mice work just fine. I've tried all sorts of mice with my setup. Some just work better than others.
which mouse can you recommend?

I need something inexpensive

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
which mouse can you recommend?

I need something inexpensive

I don't typically recommend Logitech mice as I generally don't like any of the ones they make because they just don't feel right in my hand, but they do make some pretty dependable gear and they're likely to play well with Macs. I've had my share of Logitechs too. They all worked fine. I just didn't like the size and grip.

Really, it's hard to say. When you're shopping at the low end of the market, everything's hit or miss. Most of the stuff is going to be fine though. You can always buy something and return it if it's not to your liking.

panjandrum

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
United States
Unless you are like smirking who doesn't have quite the right hand-size for the Logitech equipment they have tried, then just go Logitech and you really can't go wrong.

Reactions: smirking
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.