Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Personally, I would've liked it to be octagon shaped. :rolleyes: But really, the shape of the LED is the last thing I would be concerned about.

NMBob

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
Geepers

Isn't that a lot of power to push through a poor, defenseless LED? I have experience. I've hooked LEDs directly up to batteries before. :)

MarkusL

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2014
This looks like the antimatter containment module that is expected to be included in the new Mac Mini that will be released tomorrow.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
The camera is one of my biggest points of interest this go-around.

Me too.

My wife's 5s camera in low-light actually puts my 5 to shame. Other than that, I'd rock my 5 any day. I'm just excited to see the camera improvements!

tjl3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
please make the whole thing thicker don't let it stick out

Considering it made its way to the iPod Touch, I wouldn't be surprised if those rumors were true. If they didn't see enough reason to keep the camera flush then, they're probably ok with it now. ::sadface::

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
the dual-flash on my 5s takes so much time to calibrate, it's just embarrassing. if i want to take a photo it takes about 5 seconds with the flash :confused:

It's too bad, from seeing these part leaks, that Apple definitely won't be improving the response time! :(

paradox00

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2009
please make the whole thing thicker don't let it stick out

If you want a thicker phone, get a case. I hope the camera ring is removable and that Apple implements that lens attachment mechanism that they patented.

verpeiler

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2013
Munich, Germany
Cool, but I still never use flash on pictures taken with my phone. I only use it as the flashlight.

Using a flash as a photographer especially in dark settings only makes humans look worse. No matter what color the flash light is.

This !

But hey, I've seen people taking pictures of the grand canyon with flash... when it comes to photography, people are stupid; that's why the cameras are getting dumbed down with every iteration.

supersalo

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
The high-quality rear camera may come with an aesthetic cost in some users' eyes, however, as at least the 5.5-inch model has been rumored to require a slight protrusion from the thin body to accommodate the camera, as seen on the current iPod touch.

This is another reason why I think there won't be (and never was going to be) a 5.5" phone this year. Why would the camera protrude on the 5.5" but not the 4.7"? Wouldn't both phones be the same thickness?

I don't doubt that 5.5" versions have been built, but I think they have all been prototypes and nothing more.

Jakewilk

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
Awwww darn. I had hoped that Apple was going to remove both the white and amber LEDs in favor of a multicolor LED. That would've made some pretty sweet flashlight effects.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
So the flash in the iPhone 5 and earlier seems like a smaller circle. It's hard to tell accurately from the photos, but is this flash as tall as the current one on the iPhone 5S? If it is, but also wider, then I wonder if we can expect a more powerful flash output? Perhaps increased low-light sensitivity combined with a brighter flash output would make shots of interiors at night just a little bit better. Good for photos where you're taking a picture of someone further away, maybe next to something, or just taking photos of a space in general.

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
Ha, there you go to everyone who claimed that every leak we have seen can't be real because there is no true tone flash. Now you can continue disbelieving the 5.5 inch and the protruding camera ring.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
For me, this 99% confirms the legitimacy of the most recent part leaks. Guess we've seen the physical appearance of the iPhone 6, then. While there's nothing wrong currently, and I'm unsure of what I would want to change, I'm getting a little bored of the same face each iteration. Of course, there's not much you can change when it's almost all screen; but I'm still someone bored of it.

Jakewilk

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
"Multi" means "more than one."

Holy cow, bud; you don't get it. I understand that true tone makes hundreds of colors, but they're all varying shades of white and amber. Go ahead and try to get your multicolor iPhone 5s flash to turn blue and tell me how it works out

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Holy cow, bud; you don't get it. I understand that true tone makes hundreds of colors, but they're all varying shades of white and amber. Go ahead and try to get your multicolor iPhone 5s flash to turn blue and tell me how it works out

Then you should have said "i want an LED that can turn blue" not "I want a multi-color LED."

By the way, the actual LED emitters are blue. The light only looks because of the phosphorescent material in the package above the emitters. The yellow phosphors actually produce white, not yellow, light when they absorb the blue LED light.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.