Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

novicew

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Hamburg
This could be a very simple question but I can't make the edges round using Photoshop CS2. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

TYA

HughJ

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2006
Norwich UK
create a square/recatangle selection with the marquee tool, then holding the shift button (a small + symbol will appear next the the cursor) change the marquee tool to a circular selection, draw a circle....this will add a circle to your current square selection.

you may find it easier to use the guides to ensure all the corners are the same

if you want i can make a quick movie to show you if ya want?

edited: got it the wrong way round...now amended

novicew

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Hamburg
Thank you very much for the tip. Well, I forgot to tell you my intension. Accept my apologies for that. Basically what I want is curved edges for my photos instead of boring square edges.

If you can make a quick movie, well there is nothing better I can imagine.

HughJanus said:
create a square/recatangle selection with the marquee tool, then holding the shift button (a small + symbol will appear next the the cursor) change the marquee tool to a circular selection, draw a circle....this will add a circle to your current square selection.

you may find it easier to use the guides to ensure all the corners are the same

if you want i can make a quick movie to show you if ya want?

edited: got it the wrong way round...now amended

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
That does not sound like a very efficient way to do this. Under the line tool there is a rounded-corner rectangle tool. Use this to generate a shape or path with which you can then either mask your image to the shape or generate a selection from the path and cut out your image. This tool has a setting on the top to allow you to change your corner radius.

HughJ

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2006
Norwich UK
decksnap said:
That does not sound like a very efficient way to do this. Under the line tool there is a rounded-corner rectangle tool. Use this to generate a shape or path with which you can then either mask your image to the shape or generate a selection from the path and cut out your image. This tool has a setting on the top to allow you to change your corner radius.

yeah your right, i never knew that was there i guess im used to doing everything manually

Whigga Spitta

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2004
Can you say Chi-City??
you could also create a new layer and make a rectangular selction using the marquee tool. then simply select>modify>smooth. at this point you will be prompted for your desired pixel radius...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.