Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
I'm always careful when it asks for location info, why the frack would Angry Birds need to know my GPS location? So I don't allow it.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
I'm always careful when it asks for location info, why the frack would Angry Birds need to know my GPS location? So I don't allow it.

I have a feeling that the option to not allow location information is just a "feel good" button.

Your phone is still polling the cell towers anyways. One way or another, your info is getting out and you can't control it unless you actually give it up completely.

.....even that may not work.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
I have a feeling that the option to not allow location information is just a "feel good" button.

Your phone is still polling the cell towers anyways. One way or another, your info is getting out and you can't control it unless you actually give it up completely.

.....even that may not work.

The App cannot access your location without your permission.

If you believe otherwise. Your foil hat is too tight.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
The App cannot access your location without your permission.

If you believe otherwise. Your foil hat is too tight.

You really think so?

The government can't access your information without your permission, either. And yet... here we are.

People have been telling you for years it's been happening, but you deny it as even a possibility. And yet...here we are.

You're living in a bubble. Well, you think you are anyways. Truth of the matter is you're wide open for the government to grab your data by any and all means they deem fit. How can you deny that now? Because as you know...here we are.

BTW, the tin foil hat thing really isn't doing it for me. A foil hat wouldn't block radio waves. (Or whatever you're suggesting with the dumb comment.) If anything, it would act as an antenna to gather more radio waves. Ever wrap foil around the rabbit ears on the TV years ago to fine tune the station?

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
The government can't access your information without your permission, either. And yet... here we are.

Says who? If there is some way that its gets put out in the public somehow, you better bet that someone has it.

Really, all you need to do is define “your information” because you better bet that the NSA has a bunch of information on you that at some point crossed something that they have access to - and that access is probably very legal.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
BTW, the tin foil hat thing really isn't doing it for me. A foil hat wouldn't block radio waves. (Or whatever you're suggesting with the dumb comment.) If anything, it would act as an antenna to gather more radio waves. Ever wrap foil around the rabbit ears on the TV years ago to fine tune the station?
Depends on how you use it. In a sheet form, it can at least interfere with radio frequencies, blocking them from travelling through that precise area.

If you are linking it to the antenna, you are altering an already-existing metal array where you don't care if the signal stops there because right there is where you want to receive it. (and it probably doesn't help much, anyway)

My sister's house has a lot of metal in the structure, and they basically can't use an indoor antenna despite being very close to the local TV transmitters, they must have one on the roof.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.