Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maniamac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
For the last three or four days, the MacRumors RSS feed often will not update until hours after article publication. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Reactions: asterizk

asterizk

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2003
Sarasota, Florida
Just noticed this myself. The most recent article in NetNewsWire is showing as "Apple Continues to Diversify Suppliers Ahead of iPhone 14 Launch", but in the 4 hours since then, "Samsung Claims Foldable Phones Are Going Mainstream" and "Apple Adds 'Test Alerts' Toggle to iPhone Just in Case You Really Want to Receive Test Emergency Alerts" have been posted to the website but still aren't showing up in NetNewsWire.

Hopefully just a temporary caching issue.. otherwise it's defeating the point of RSS.

Edit, 2h20m later: okay, both of the above articles are now showing up in NetNewsWire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maniamac

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

RSS feeds are still slow to update. This article has been up over an hour and still has not hit my RSS feed.

@arn @WildCowboy

Edit: This article just hit my feed a bit over 90 minutes since publication. Not the end of the world, but hopefully an easy fix.

Last edited:

Maniamac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
The 2-4-hour delays continue. I really hope that this isn’t a bug so intractable that it’s not worth fixing (especially since based on this thread at least, there apparently isn’t a legion who notice or care much about the delays) or a “feature” as a result of a change—I miss getting Inoreader notifications of new articles like a minute after they’re published and diving in to the hot and fresh right away. 😉

Reactions: asterizk

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
I'm not sure about others, but I'd always perceived MacRumors' RSS feed as updating at periodic intervals that don't correspond with article publication.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.