Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ben428

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2011
When I read about Personal Automations, my first thought was, "I can finally set a different Do Not Disturb schedule on weekends and weekdays!" But I can't seem to get it to work. I created an automation that sets Do Not Disturb to off at the desired time, but at that time, instead of running the action, it pops up a Shortcuts notification. If you tap that notification, there's a Run button, and if you tap that, it actually turns off Do Not Disturb. Not what I was looking for.

For some types of automations, I see an option to run without asking, but not for this one.

Am I missing something? This seems to defeat the whole purpose of timed automations.

achappy

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the Personal Automations have been a huge disappointment for me since so many force you to have to interact with the notification. Defeats the "auto" portion. I also can't believe there is still no action to lower/increase System Volume. I like having my volume low for alarms but then raise it when I wake up. Try to create an automation and the only volume I can change is the Media.

Reactions: ben428

ikiwi84

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2015
I had a very similar purpose and I share the same disappointment.

Like this it is completely useless IMHO.

Reactions: ben428
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.