Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paola105

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
I just got a MBP and for some reason the S key doesnt work right.
It only works when I press Shift and during start up when I type in my password. I could've sworn it worked before. And I have to copy and paste that letter every time. Is there anything I can do? Because other than that this baby' s perfect.

DaLurker

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2006
Take it back, they will replace your top casing (keyboard, trackpad, etc).

Nothing you can do really.

My blackbook had that problem, n wasn't really working and all you can do is bring it back.

paola105

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Take it back, they will replace your top casing (keyboard, trackpad, etc).

Nothing you can do really.

My blackbook had that problem, n wasn't really working and all you can do is bring it back.

Ok, I'll do that. They wont charge for it right?

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.
If it works when typing the password then it is not a hardware issue. It would be software.

Remove ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.UniversalAccess.plist to the desktop and restart. That controls the input and output settings for the user account.

paola105

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
If it works when typing the password then it is not a hardware issue. It would be software.

Remove ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.UniversalAccess.plist to the desktop and restart. That controls the input and output settings for the user account.

I tried that and it didn't work. It only workS when Shift iS preSSed.

EDIT:
I just figured out why it didn't work. I had S set as a key for the speech recognition thing. Whoops.:D

DaLurker

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2006
I tried that and it didn't work. It only workS when Shift iS preSSed.

EDIT:
I just figured out why it didn't work. I had S set as a key for the speech recognition thing. Whoops.:D

O whoops... sorry I didn't fully read your original post. Haha... if ur keys suddenly stop working though, take it back ;) like they stop working everywhere

O and if your laptop is under warranty, they won't charge for it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.