Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smellmet

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2012
Goole, UK
So my wife's S10 Plus's battery life has been decreasing over the last year or so down to 12 hours on 100 percent charge, but the phone works great and is in perfect condition so I persuaded her to get a replacement battery for it instead of blowing hundreds on a new phone.

Had it replaced yesterday and was expecting the problem to be cured yet when charged to 100 percent still says 12 hours. Anyone know what's going on? I've tried wiping cache partition, removing loads of apps and nothings changed. I'm thinking I should factory reset the device but was wondering if there's any other steps I could take before resorting to this.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
So my wife's S10 Plus's battery life has been decreasing over the last year or so down to 12 hours on 100 percent charge, but the phone works great and is in perfect condition so I persuaded her to get a replacement battery for it instead of blowing hundreds on a new phone.

Had it replaced yesterday and was expecting the problem to be cured yet when charged to 100 percent still says 12 hours. Anyone know what's going on? I've tried wiping cache partition, removing loads of apps and nothings changed. I'm thinking I should factory reset the device but was wondering if there's any other steps I could take before resorting to this.
Likely the battery management system still thinks you have the old battery in, should sort itself out in a few days

Reactions: sunking101
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.