Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stiss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
England
As the thread title, here's my S4 44mm in space black stainless steel

NBcyWSE.jpg

Noticed tonight that the screen is lighter down the right hand side on grey backgrounds, which is most of the UI.
Has anyone else had this and if so what was your experience if you raised this with Apple?

Thanks in advance.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
As the thread title, here's my S4 44mm in space black stainless steel

NBcyWSE.jpg

Noticed tonight that the screen is lighter down the right hand side on grey backgrounds, which is most of the UI.
Has anyone else had this and if so what was your experience if you raised this with Apple?

Thanks in advance.

Mine has this to a lesser extent. There's a thread about it where it's inaccurately described as "light bleed", but it appears that it can manifest itself as a lighter band down the right or the left. I've just let it annoy me less as I've had mine since launch. I have AC+ so may request a replacement when it's a year old.

Stiss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
England
Mine has this to a lesser extent. There's a thread about it where it's inaccurately described as "light bleed", but it appears that it can manifest itself as a lighter band down the right or the left. I've just let it annoy me less as I've had mine since launch. I have AC+ so may request a replacement when it's a year old.

Ah ok.
yeah it defo isn't light bleed, there's no light between the grey UI elements.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Ah ok.
yeah it defo isn't light bleed, there's no light between the grey UI elements.

OLED doesn’t use any type a back lighting, each individual is individually lit. Anyways, I’d probably contact Apple on your display, as that’s clearly noticeable, (unless you think you can accept the display for the way it is), and of course if you do plan on exchanging your Series 4 for a warranty/return, keep in mind, then you start playing the exchange game for display that could potentially have the same situation or something else.

Reactions: Julien

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
Try searching for the other thread on this as it had several posts.

Not sure whether the OP of that thread had it sorted by Apple in the end, so worth checking.

Good luck with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.