Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrweirdo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
I just found out horible news. Apparently all the Compusa' stores in the area which also sell apple products and offer authorized repair services are closing their doors for good.

This is really bad news because they were the only place that offers warranty service and sells most apple products besides the official apple store location at Arden Fair Mall. This store is one of apples smallest retail locations at the same time one of the busiest. Its nearly impossible to get into the genius bar by appointment or even walk ins. The store itself is always overcrowded with people and cramped making it an unpleasurable store to be in. Now that the Compusa's are closing up shop it will make the retail location obtain even more traffic thus exasperating the overcrowding.

I wonder if there is a way to give apple suggestions for new retail locations?

Also Apple seriously needs to start strike up deals with other computer chains like Circuity City, etc. Its quite sad when you get warranty service but cant take advantage of it when you actually need it.

Yes you can always call apple support and then send your computer in which quite often takes weeks hoping they figure out whats wrong with it but who really wants to do that when you can take it into a local shop, show them your issue, and have it repaired and back to you the next day or two?

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I just found out horible news. Apparently all the Compusa' stores in the area which also sell apple products and offer authorized repair services are closing their doors for good.

This is really bad news because they were the only place that offers warranty service and sells most apple products besides the official apple store location at Arden Fair Mall. This store is one of apples smallest retail locations at the same time one of the busiest. Its nearly impossible to get into the genius bar by appointment or even walk ins. The store itself is always overcrowded with people and cramped making it an unpleasurable store to be in. Now that the Compusa's are closing up shop it will make the retail location obtain even more traffic thus exasperating the overcrowding.

I wonder if there is a way to give apple suggestions for new retail locations?

Also Apple seriously needs to start strike up deals with other computer chains like Circuity City, etc. Its quite sad when you get warranty service but cant take advantage of it when you actually need it.

Yes you can always call apple support and then send your computer in which quite often takes weeks hoping they figure out whats wrong with it but who really wants to do that when you can take it into a local shop, show them your issue, and have it repaired and back to you the next day or two?

circuit city doesn't offer any computer service for PC currently, they aren't gonna do it for mac even if they sell them either... i dont know if best buy offers service for mac, i somehow doubt... i also doubt fry's offer authorized apple service.

and even if you bring your mac in apple store, if they decided they will fix it at all, it will be even longer than if you send it in. because even if the store has the part you need, there might be other machines on the bench, which yours will only be pushed back... and if they dont have the parts, it takes them A LONG TIME (i mean weeks literally) to order, and sometimes they order the wrong parts (instead of glossy screen, they get matte)

but if you call in, you send it in over night, they generally can get it back to you under a week (or so i've heard) for the problems that the store might take at least a week. the service center usually stock many many more parts than the store does.

but yeah, more store is always good.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
They're doing a pilot test for Circuit City and Best Buy, and building more Apple Stores everyday. There are also other Apple retailers. Sad that CompUSA is going out in so many places. Here too. But not really that surprising.

nateDEEZY

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Well, I use to live in sacramento, while my entire family lived down in the bay area! Just drive down to walnut creek if you really need a repair/warranty service ;p

It's only what, 60 something miles!

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
I'm just wondering where you'd put it? I used to live up there, but I can't think of a location where they would pull in the right demographic.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
The Apple Stores are increasingly getting more and more popular! When they put the first one in Colorado (Aspen Grove), nobody went there, but then they put one in Cherry Creek (which is closer to more people), and it's the most popular store in the mall! They're opening a fifth one in my state at Park Meadows which is the #2 mall in town (only to Cherry Creek), so that should make the Cherry Creek one less popular.

Hopefully they'll put one in Sacramento. Whenever I visit my sisters (they go to St. Mary's actually) in Nor Cal, it seems like there's one everywhere across the Bay Area. I was in Sacramento about a year ago, and like what a bunch of other people think, it seems like there isn't another place for one without making sense. To me, it seemed like the only retail part of town is downtown by the Captial. Perhaps they'll relocate to a larger space.

By the way, downtown Sacramento really seemed to be emulating 16th Street Mall in Denver with the Light Rail and shuttles. It was interesting.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
There are three other malls in Sacramento besides Arden Fair, plus numerous major shopping centers. There's plenty of space for another Apple Store in Sacramento. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.