Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fayraree

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2017
...any other iPhone 7+ jet black owners who think their phone is wayyy prettier than the X? Kinda sad to let it go as I was one of the lucky few to get this color on launch day about a year ago.

member of the iPhone upgrade program so sending this bad boy back now. Haven't started using the X yet, so can't say I've experienced the differences yet.

wassup121

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2010
i had the same phone, and i was actually sad too. I'm sure i'm one of the few, but i miss it a lot and am considering going back. The X screen is narrower, and not as good for my big hands.

fayraree

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2017
I saw the X in a store over the weekend (didn't get my X right away because I'm travelling) and I was honestly a little underwhelmed. I'm sure it's the size that threw me off a little bit. Will watch some Netflix on it (which is my fave thing to do on my 7+ and my 6+ before that) and see if I feel a major diff. I'm excited about OLED quality but all the other bells and whistles don't mean that much to me (for now). Wireless charging is kinda cool, but won't really know until AirPower is released.

Almost tempted to not return the 7+ as part of my trade-in and just keep both loans going and keeping both.

Bane-Thunder

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2014
Why didnt you just get an 8 plus? Since you love fat phones? lool

The X is for people like me who use the normal 4.7 inch iPhones but want an even bigger screen. Loving my iPhone X, and its now topped my fav iPhone design the iPhone 4/4S.

Reactions: MsRandall

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
I love seeing people’s passion about the jetblack 7. Honestly the 7 in general. I think the 7 is the best bang for buck iPhone that Apple currently makes. I hope people don’t get too hung up on “ 7,8,10” newer is better type mentality. I think Apple is approaching the car mentality where they have a luxury “ bleeding “ edge line. I say bleeding edge in relation to their current phones not to the completion. Then they have a phone that you can walk into the store at any time of day and be able to dive into the Apple eco system.

fayraree

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2017
Why didnt you just get an 8 plus? Since you love fat phones? lool

The X is for people like me who use the normal 4.7 inch iPhones but want an even bigger screen. Loving my iPhone X, and its now topped my fav iPhone design the iPhone 4/4S.
Good question...I guess I wanted to experience FaceID and other new tech released in the X.

I started to love my 7+ jet black more in the last 2 days when I removed my case, lol, and started to see the phone for what it really is. I figured I'm going to return it soon so I didn't care about scratching up the sensitive jet black casing, and the more I look at it, with its stealth (albeit polished) look, the more I'm loving it again.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I really liked the monolithic aspect of the Jet Black and I also think it felt nicer in my hand. The edges were smoother, as if there was no seam between the aluminum and the glass. But mine was a Plus and I also never liked how large it felt to hold. I kept it because I wanted the larger screen, and better battery and camera. This is not to say I don’t like the X. I definitely appreciate the smaller size, but I can feel the edge between the stainless steal and the glass much more so. I got the silver too, which I’m not sure if the shiny band around it will ever stop feeling too flashy. Still glad I upgraded, but yes, I will miss the Jet Black too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.